Cmurdock

which do you prefer?  

159 members have voted

1. 1. which do you prefer?

• Cats
    • Dogs
    • Both
    • Neither

I searched and didn't see anything about this (maybe I am completely blind?) but during the coverage of the Lavar gripe on Sportscenter tonight, they had media coverage of Lavar leaving Redskin Park on crutches. He seemed pretty peeved at the media. I paused my Tivo so I can repeat some of what he said. He was talking to the media as he walked and his comments were directed at the media.

Lavar: I said what I said and yall got your story and you're gonna write it however you're gonna write it. You don't need me, you all do things and say things the way you want to do it.

Lavar: You all want to paint me as a bad guy (I think??) I am hurt but it is what it is. You all do what you want to do.

THEN A REPORTER ASKS IF HE IS JUST FRUSTRATED and Lavar cuts him off, obviously frustrated with the situation, raises his voice for a sec and says

Lavar: You all have a great day! Fans I still love you guys and the ones who don't...oh well.

That's it. Was surprised not to have seen it up here.

I'm so tired of that expression "taken out of context." When will anyone step up to the plate and say "Yeah, I said that. So what?" I will bet anyone 10 dollars to the donut that Jermaine O'Neal comes out and says what he said about Stern and racism was taken out of context. People are so friggin predictable it kills me.

How many times have you all been quoted extemporaneously for newspaper interviews? I've done it very few times, but every single time I've felt like it didn't come across quite the way I meant it. The only way anybody ever gets what they really mean into the media is through press releases. Selective quotes in oral interviews are almost guaranteed to have some distortion.

The Washington Post called it "lashing out". ESPN ran it alongside reports that Moss and Taylor haven't reported to camp. It's the offseason and every little story will get blown out of proportion to make news.

Did he say all that? Yeah, he did. Was it wrong? Of course it was, and he should have kept his mouth shut. But has he given up on the team and become a worthless human being that we should trade at the next available opportunity? No, it's not as bad as the press is reporting it, and it's certainly not as bad as we make it out to be on Extremeskins.

Originally posted by DjTj

Did he say all that? Yeah, he did. Was it wrong? Of course it was, and he should have kept his mouth shut.

And with that being true, LaVar deciding to chalk it all up to being quoted out of context rings false...I'd love to feel as if he actually told himself these very same things, to feel as if he said "Damn, I said too much and should have just kept my mouth shut". So far, no sign that he even remotely feels that way...

Originally posted by Califan007

And with that being true, LaVar deciding to chalk it all up to being quoted out of context rings false...I'd love to feel as if he actually told himself these very same things, to feel as if he said "Damn, I said too much and should have just kept my mouth shut". So far, no sign that he even remotely feels that way...

:laugh: you quoted me out of context ;)

Originally posted by BruinSkin

I'm so tired of that expression "taken out of context." When will anyone step up to the plate and say "Yeah, I said that. So what?" I will bet anyone 10 dollars to the donut that Jermaine O'Neal comes out and says what he said about Stern and racism was taken out of context. People are so friggin predictable it kills me.

Too late, O'Neal already said that tonight on ESPN. I'm serious.

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

Too late, O'Neal already said that tonight on ESPN. I'm serious.

I'll be collecting my bets via paypal. I hate ignorant, no class, uneducated athletes sometimes. But damn if it's not entertaining to watch them play. Genetic freaks.

I'm sorry, but La Canfora's original story was almost entirely quotes from LaVar. Like 2/3rds.

How the heck can something that extensive be taken "out of context"? I understand if it was one line or something, but geez.

BD

Originally posted by Califan007

What exactly IS the dollars-to-donuts currency exchange rate??...

It depends. The value of the dollar has been weakened, so the value of donuts has increased. Economically speaking, it would be smart to export more American dollars, so that foreign markets purchase more goods. That answer you question?

It depends. The value of the dollar has been weakened, so the value of donuts has increased. Economically speaking, it would be smart to export more American dollars, so that foreign markets purchase more goods. That answer you question?

Yummmmm.....donuts.......:jump:

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a perfect example of what happens when you don't apologize for a single thing you say or so, or only apologize when it's something really big. If you stick to your guns and say "yeah... I said that, so whattya' gonna' do about it," then people eventually leave you alone because they figure you either don't care or you have nothing to hide... :laugh:

When you start apologizing for everything or blaming someone for skewing what you have said, you become a target. People view you as a limp noodle who will either shy from controversy or they can get a good sound byte out of you, so they try to aggravate you further. If you're non-apologetic from day one, you make their lives a whole lot more difficult.

Nick

Originally posted by DjTj

How many times have you all been quoted extemporaneously for newspaper interviews? I've done it very few times, but every single time I've felt like it didn't come across quite the way I meant it. The only way anybody ever gets what they really mean into the media is through press releases. Selective quotes in oral interviews are almost guaranteed to have some distortion.

The Washington Post called it "lashing out". ESPN ran it alongside reports that Moss and Taylor haven't reported to camp. It's the offseason and every little story will get blown out of proportion to make news.

Did he say all that? Yeah, he did. Was it wrong? Of course it was, and he should have kept his mouth shut. But has he given up on the team and become a worthless human being that we should trade at the next available opportunity? No, it's not as bad as the press is reporting it, and it's certainly not as bad as we make it out to be on Extremeskins.

:cheers: :notworthy

Archived