Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

cats vs dogs

PokerPacker

BOTH, I have 2 cats and 3 dogs!

I love them all. I would say cats are more independant but my Huly is a mommy's boy.

One thing about cats if you do not have a lot of time, they are great pets. They have litter boxes so you do not have to rush home to let them out and they give themselves baths.

Dogs are a lot more fun though when it comes to running around, and playing ball etc.

I think it really depends on your current living situation. Dogs are obviously more high maintenance than cats. So, if you're single, live alone in the city, don't have $250 a month to spare on a dog walker, and have an fairly active social life, then it becomes very difficult to have a dog.

But if you are married with a couple of kids and have a house with a fairly decent yard, then a dog is the way to go.

In the end, a dog has more upside than a cat because, let's face it, your cat will never come when you call it, or play fetch, or willingly get into your car to go to the park. But if you're looking for a companion that won't demand too much of your time, then get a cat. A cat will never cry when it wants to go for a walk or take a giant poop on your living room carpet if it stays inside for too long.

Also, I believe in getting pets in twos, so that they always have a playmate.

Originally posted by hokie4redskins

Grew up with cats. I like GOOD dogs (labs, retrievers). My buddy has a pit bull. Most annoying, slobbering, loud, hyper, horrible creature ever made. Hate that dog.

there are no BAD dogs.... just bad owners... your buddy can train out any unwanted behavior he wants.... just takes a little work.

:cheers:

I voted dogs, because on face value, they are a lot more fun. But Cats have always been our household too and have actually proved to be much more useful and productive.

Our cats have managed to not only keep our house pest free (mice, roaches, moths etc), they often manage to clean up the whole neighborhood. Of the 5 cats I've owed throughout my life, 3 have actually ended up almost as playful as our dogs. Our current one even plays a sort of fetch game.

Archived