Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WIP: Owens late/no show/sleeps for meetings

jpgirth

Howard Eskin is consistently reporting that Owens has been late/ not showed up/ or sleeps during the meetings. Even goes as far to say he no showed for meetings during superbowl week.

He continously states maybe they should "clear the roads" between Moorestown and the nova care complex (eagles offices).

Eskin (eagles mouthpiece) gets his info from Reid directly, the other hosts constantly ask him (eskin) when does the "eagles paychecks" come in the mail. Reid is playing the media game with Owens. He states that Rosenhaus is a snake and an idiot.

As Rosenhaus said "stay tuned"

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/11371833.htm

Owens says he wants to return

Hiring a new agent is just business, he said. As for attending minicamp: "I don't have a clue about... that."

By Bob Brookover

Inquirer Staff Writer

Terrell Owens spoke last night for the first time since switching agents in an attempt to get his seven-year deal with the Eagles reworked before the 2005 season.

Dining at a restaurant in the South Beach section of Miami Beach, Fla., with his new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, the Eagles' star receiver answered questions over the telephone about his decision to change agents, his future with the Eagles, and a television report that claimed he often was late for team meetings and slept through many of them.

Owens said he fully intends to be back with the Eagles in 2005, but was noncommittal about whether he would attend the team's minicamp at the NovaCare Complex the weekend after the April 23-24 NFL draft.

"At this point, I don't have a clue about anything like that," he said.

Owens threw the Eagles a curveball last week when he informed them that he had replaced his longtime agent, David Joseph, with Rosenhaus, who represents some of the biggest names in football. Predictably, Rosenhaus' first act as Owens' agent was to meet with the Eagles on Wednesday in an initial attempt to rework the seven-year deal his client signed after being traded to the team in March 2004.

The Eagles have made it clear that they have no intention of modifying Owens' contract.

"As of right now, I'm a Philadelphia Eagle, and that's where I want to remain," Owens said. "I had one of my best years there, so why would I want to leave? I just want the fans to know this is nothing personal. It's business."

Owens said changing agents was the "toughest thing" he has had to do during his nine-year NFL career. "It was no knock on David," he said.

Joseph did not return a phone call last night.

Rosenhaus and Owens were upset about a report on a local television station Sunday night that said the receiver had missed team meetings during Super Bowl week. Owens said his focus was rehabilitating a severely sprained ankle.

"Everything Terrell did at the Super Bowl let you know that he was the consummate professional," Rosenhaus said. "It's unbelievable that anybody would question what he did. That's just a joke."

Said Owens: "My whole preparation at the Super Bowl was just trying to help the team win. I don't know why anybody would try to bash me on that."

His Super Bowl performance - nine catches for 122 yards - makes for a good argument.

Owens, however, did not deny the part of the TV report that said he was late to team meetings during the regular season and sometimes fell asleep, too.

"During the year, I was late," he said. "A lot of people were late to meetings. I lived in Moorestown, N.J., and it was a situation where I had to contend with traffic. I was new to the area. I didn't know the alternate route... so I was late."

And what about the naps during meetings?

"Ask any player in the NFL if they've ever fallen asleep in a meeting, and if they say 'no' they're not telling the truth," Owens said. "As long as you don't fall asleep on Sunday, that's all that matters."

Owens said he hoped his Philadelphia story has a happy ending.

"I love Philly," he said. "My obvious goal is to come back and play and help the team get back to the Super Bowl."

this is all going to blow over. Watch.

Owens said changing agents was the "toughest thing" he has had to do during his nine-year NFL career. "It was no knock on David," he said.

Just out of curiosity, what's the point in changing agents if you don't want a new contract? I mean, you already have a contract, so what else is there for an agent to do with the team?

Nick

Originally posted by ntotoro

Just out of curiosity, what's the point in changing agents if you don't want a new contract? I mean, you already have a contract, so what else is there for an agent to do with the team?

Nick

He was pissed at his old agent for arranging that Monday Night skit with Nicolette Sheridan. I think he wanted Eva Longoria or Terri Hatcher, but not that other hag:D

And what about the naps during meetings?

"Ask any player in the NFL if they've ever fallen asleep in a meeting, and if they say 'no' they're not telling the truth," Owens said. "As long as you don't fall asleep on Sunday, that's all that matters."

Hell, I'VE fallen asleep during meetings... :laugh:...Unfortunately, getting paid millions instead of thousands doesn't negate the "Horrendous Boredom" factor that 99% of all meetings possess...

Archived