Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's official....

Rat_Boy

The Coleman for Vickers trade is really not that exciting :).

It's a shame to see the man gone. He is a good pro and I'll be among those holding out some hope he'll be hanging around in a couple of weeks to bring back.

Miami just cut him loose from consideration, because Coleman wants a little more the vet minimum and evidently a starting role, so KFFL is reporting he's out of their loop. 2 strikes in one day, is a sign, he needs to relent or retire. Unless of course he goes to a team that's not going anywhere this year.

With Miami out of the loop alledgedly, that leaves him as a backup at philly on the near grass that sucked last year.

Remember the preseason game being cancelled because of gaps and seams between the pieces?

So it will come down to whether he wants to risk himself 8 times on that turf for more money or come back to familiar grounds and a starting job at a reduced salary.

I think if the Skins truly want Coleman back then they will make it happen, unless the Iggles uncharacteristically overpay for him or if the Bears or someone else offer him a contract that is way above what the Skins are willing to.

I think barring no major offers, Coleman will probably look at the Skins as the best option - since he is familiar with the organizationa and the players.

Just my .0199 though.

Although, if I'm the Redskins negotiator, and Coleman wants to come back, I'd be really tempted to mention that "Y'know, we could've offered you more money, here. But our last DE had a big contract and refused to re-negotiate, so our cap is hurting next year".

Archived