Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Is No April Fools Joke(guaranteed)

rayprils

I thought a bump for this thread was necessary. I completely missed what was decided to do with all this money. I really didn't agree with some of the uses that wqere being tossed around...

So.... immediately after the Skins clinched a playoff spot I handed a crisp new $100 bill to Pez & Huly for all their efforts regarding the "Unofficial Tailgate" this season.

Yeah thats right I bet that I would pay up $100 if we made the playoffs. So I paid up, to who I felt deserved the money.

I urge the others who lost their bets others to start paying up too!

HTTR!!

While giving to the relief fund is an outstanding idea, everyone should help out and give the way they want and I don't see the correlation between donating to ES. I have donated to the relief effort though my employer and I was very happy to do so and will probably give more in the near future.

As far as this thread, the bets were placed as a way to say thanks to the staff and help off set the costs of running ES, now that the merger has taken place and the "make a donation" buttons are gone, I think it would be disingenuous to specifically mandate that the pledges that were made in this thread to go to a specific cause. :2cents:

I have to agree with SoCalSkins, but will abide by the decision of the staff.

To be honest, we don't really know what should be done here.

One thought is we simply let you guys who made the bets settle it individually how you want.

My thought, a better thought, is simple. The money still goes to the benefit of the community. We don't have server costs any longer, so we don't need that anymore. However, you guys might consider this.

The money still comes to ES and we can provide it to Huly and Pez to help make the unofficial tailgate better and allowing all ES members who attend games to get some benefit from the bets. We could even save some and use it to run contests on our own to give people prizes -- maybe even a trip to a game -- and the like.

But, I don't think there's any consensus on this.

To be honest, we don't really know what should be done here.

One thought is we simply let you guys who made the bets settle it individually how you want.

My thought, a better thought, is simple. The money still goes to the benefit of the community. We don't have server costs any longer, so we don't need that anymore. However, you guys might consider this.

The money still comes to ES and we can provide it to Huly and Pez to help make the unofficial tailgate better and allowing all ES members who attend games to get some benefit from the bets. We could even save some and use it to run contests on our own to give people prizes -- maybe even a trip to a game -- and the like.

But, I don't think there's any consensus on this.

I would be down for that as long as i could convince my parents im not going to get stolen by some hairy old man.

• 1 month later...

To all whom made "bets" within this thread,

As has been mentioned already in this thread, ExtremeSkins is no longer independent since our merger with the Redskins and, subsequently, we do not incur the costs we once did. Hence, the "bets" and promises within the thread... are left lingering with no purpose or direction.

Regardless, the gesture was incredible. If people were to see it fit, you have the opportunity to put your "donations" towards another good and charitable cause... led by the same guy who gave you the same effort and dedication in building ExtremeSkins ;)

Of course, no one is obligated. However, if you wanted to follow through on your bet... you can still doing something good with it. Information below.

Cheers.

------------------------

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145553

Hey guys,

Some of you may know I coach a youth football team (7-11 year olds). I essentially took over the "Bad News Bears" of the league - the team hasn't won a game in over 5 years. The team is comprised of children with personal struggles (ie. single-parent families) from the less affluent part of Hamilton; Hamilton has the ninth largest population (504,000) of all Canadian cities and the fourth largest in Ontario.

The cost of registration is $210 and included in that fee is the rental of all the equipment. However, as you'd expect, the equipment is old and in disrepair. The league gives us 3 footballs, 2 blocking shields and a tackling dummy. That's it.

I've been working my butt off trying to give these kids the best experience possible. I've even built a website for the kids: www.hmfarenegades.com (not operational yet).

I paid over $2000 out of pocket for of additional football supplies (ie. more balls, bags, white board, pylons, first aid kits, blocking shields, tackling dummies, etc).

Last year, we fundraised and managed to buy new chin straps, game socks and 20 pairs of shoulder pads. We have a roster of 34 kids. We still have 14 more pairs of shoulder pads to purchase... 34 new helmets and we want to get some new game pants. We want to use last year's game pants as our practice pants.... because all the practice pants were torn to shreds and usless - and kids were wearing game pants to practice.

I got rid of all the malcontent/ungrateful parents so I have a great group of kids now as the foundation. I want to build this program into something the players, parents and league could be proud of. We're getting there... we're probably 2 more years away but with some generosity we might achieve our goal this year.

If people are willing... I could really use the help of "donations" or "sponsorships". I will even provide tax receipts to all those who donate.

I would put the donations towards the purchase of these pants:

http://www.sportsdepot.com/fbpants.html

I can get them from www.footballamerica.com for $34.99/pair. I need 34 pairs. The total would be $1190 plus shipping and custom duties. If ExtremeSkins manages to raise the entire expense, I will put a sewn on ExtremeSkins logo on the pants (the pants are black, as is the team color).

Any amount would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested in donating.... please send me a PM. We can work out a payment method.

Thanks for any support!!!

I think the mods should take a poll on this subject and see where everyone wants to put their money.... donate to tailgating... donate to some type of prizes for the tailgates... the mods could get some redskins items etc and then auction them off or something.... just a thought...

Wait. I feel like interests should be aligned here, right? So shouldn't we, as Redskins fans, be wanting to pay money when we make the playoffs?

I pledge $150 for when we make the playoffs.

If we do not make the playoffs, which is highly unlikely and a very remote scenario, I pledge $75.

Dane, I hope you don't mind a piggy-back. I finally clicked on this thread and I'm in on the same deal you're offering. :)

:point2sky

Are you talking about the 2006 season?

Apparently I'm talking about having egg on my face :silly:

I saw the thread, didn't remember checking it out and clicked thinking it was one of several I'd just never looked at without noting the date, which I normally would :rolleyes: .

I clicked on a page close to the end, got quickly caught up in the spirit, and put my $$$ where my clueless fingers were without pursuing it further at the time.

So I guess I mean this year now :laugh:

Whatver you can do with this :D

<edit>----or I could just send you the check now to add to 2005's bet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What the hell, the spirits still the same :cheers:

Apparently I'm talking about having egg on my face :silly:

I saw the thread, didn't remember checking it out and clicked thinking it was one of several I'd just never looked at without noting the date, which I normally would :rolleyes: .

I clicked on a page close to the end, got quickly caught up in the spirit, and put my $$$ where my clueless fingers were without pursuing it further at the time.

So I guess I mean this year now :laugh:

Whatver you can do with this :D

<edit>----or I could just send you the check now to add to 2005's bet :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What the hell, the spirits still the same :cheers:

Well, given the circumstances... it's very unlikely that we're going to have another thread like this in the future... as this preceded the merger.

You're off the hook :) But if you want to donate... I know a good charity ;)

To all whom made "bets" within this thread,

As has been mentioned already in this thread, ExtremeSkins is no longer independent since our merger with the Redskins and, subsequently, we do not incur the costs we once did. Hence, the "bets" and promises within the thread... are left lingering with no purpose or direction.

Regardless, the gesture was incredible. If people were to see it fit, you have the opportunity to put your "donations" towards another good and charitable cause... led by the same guy who gave you the same effort and dedication in building ExtremeSkins ;)

Of course, no one is obligated. However, if you wanted to follow through on your bet... you can still doing something good with it. Information below.

Cheers.

------------------------

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145553

Hey guys,

Some of you may know I coach a youth football team (7-11 year olds). I essentially took over the "Bad News Bears" of the league - the team hasn't won a game in over 5 years. The team is comprised of children with personal struggles (ie. single-parent families) from the less affluent part of Hamilton; Hamilton has the ninth largest population (504,000) of all Canadian cities and the fourth largest in Ontario.

The cost of registration is $210 and included in that fee is the rental of all the equipment. However, as you'd expect, the equipment is old and in disrepair. The league gives us 3 footballs, 2 blocking shields and a tackling dummy. That's it.

I've been working my butt off trying to give these kids the best experience possible. I've even built a website for the kids: www.hmfarenegades.com (not operational yet).

I paid over $2000 out of pocket for of additional football supplies (ie. more balls, bags, white board, pylons, first aid kits, blocking shields, tackling dummies, etc).

Last year, we fundraised and managed to buy new chin straps, game socks and 20 pairs of shoulder pads. We have a roster of 34 kids. We still have 14 more pairs of shoulder pads to purchase... 34 new helmets and we want to get some new game pants. We want to use last year's game pants as our practice pants.... because all the practice pants were torn to shreds and usless - and kids were wearing game pants to practice.

I got rid of all the malcontent/ungrateful parents so I have a great group of kids now as the foundation. I want to build this program into something the players, parents and league could be proud of. We're getting there... we're probably 2 more years away but with some generosity we might achieve our goal this year.

If people are willing... I could really use the help of "donations" or "sponsorships". I will even provide tax receipts to all those who donate.

I would put the donations towards the purchase of these pants:

http://www.sportsdepot.com/fbpants.html

I can get them from www.footballamerica.com for $34.99/pair. I need 34 pairs. The total would be $1190 plus shipping and custom duties. If ExtremeSkins manages to raise the entire expense, I will put a sewn on ExtremeSkins logo on the pants (the pants are black, as is the team color).

Any amount would be greatly appreciated. If you are interested in donating.... please send me a PM. We can work out a payment method.

Thanks for any support!!!

Hey how much are we at anyway?

If the 2005 Washington Redskins DO make the 2005 Playoffs:

1. Westbrook36 $25

2. skins1972 $250

3. zoony $100 [THIS IS PAID]

4. TheDane $150

5. iheartskins $150

6. Mr. S. $20 (plus incentives)

7. kingchris626 $TBD

8. DonMagicJuan $50

9. mad4comp $50

10. Mark the Homer $25 (plus incentives)

11. Eagles_Legendz $50 [THIS IS PAID]

12. Doozinbrah $25

13. bubba9497 $20 (plus incentives)

14. Tom [Giants Fan] $100

15. skin-n-vegas $TBD (conditional)

16. scskinsfan $250

17. Skins11 $50

18. GOSKN5 $10

19. Tommy-the-Greek $100 (now Mr. Magoo)

20. Heavy Jumbo $100 [THIS IS PAID]

21. dchogs $100 [THIS IS PAID]

22. Huly $20

23. sjinhan $25 (plus incentives)

24. chomerics $25 [THIS IS PAID]

25. Redskinswhoopass $50 (plus incentives)

26. SkinsFaninOKC $50

27. ironmic $50 (plus incentives)

28. RyansRangers $25

29. jrockster77 $50 (plus incentives) [THIS IS PAID]

30. AtlCB $25

31. JJGibbs-Skin $500 [THIS IS PAID]

32. manleyistheman $200

33. BurgundyandGold_Soul $50

34. SkinsNYC $100

35. SonnyRules $125 [THIS IS PAID]

36. ATLANTASKINSFAN $25 (plus incentives)

37. Jumbo $150 [THIS IS PAID]

Current Total: $2845 + TBD + incentives

Redskins Side Bets/Contingencies

1. If Sean Taylor is suited up and starts for the Redskins come opening day, portisizzle donates an additional $20.

2. If the Redskins complete 5 passes over 40 yards, fansince62 donates $25

3. If Patrick Ramsey does not throw for 3000 yards, SoCalSkins donates $50[THIS IS PAID]

4. If LaVar Arrington has fewer than 10 sacks, SoCalSkins donates $25[THIS IS PAID]

5. If the Skins don't draft Mike Williams, SoCalSkins donates $25 [THIS IS PAID]

6. If the Skins draft any more UCLA players, SoCalSkins donates an additional $20. [THIS IS PAID]

Archived