Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite play of 2001?

Dirk Diggler

I didn't get to see that game. I was at the effin Apple Festival in Syria VA. I listened to a lot of it on the radio. But anyway, my favorite play from 2k1 is when Big Daddy made the interception early in the first quarter of the second eagles game...I practically ejaculated I was so excited.

I have a few :

One was the TD bomb to Westbrook against the Giants. I was, and still am, a Westbrook fan and was elated to see some of that potential surface.

Another was the TD throw from Lockett to Thompson, simply because of it's creativity (something we didn't see much from Marty and Jimmy Raye), and it's the use of unheralded players

Above all, was the TD throw from Kent Graham to Zeron Flemister to beat the Broncos, because it inspired me to write that that headline "In Denver cold, Broncos choke on Flem"

Kijana Carter's TD run against Philly was one of my favorites. Maybe it doesn't beat Lavar's Carolina TD, but once we scored (with the way our D was playing that day) I really felt like we would win.

I think the lack of suitable selections sums up 2001 pretty well. There just weren't a lot of 'big plays'.

Maybe the biggest was the one that didn't happen. In the first Philadelphia game, we DIDN'T have the big run from Donovan McNabb. That was big in our biggest win of a lackluster season.

Jeez...how can 8-8 seem so drab?

Lavar's INT in the Carolina game was great, but by far my favorite was Banks' long bomb to Gardner in OT. The entire team raced onto the field in jubilation, and the fans erupted in dilerium, hugging and high-fiving and screaming "Touchdown! Touchdown! Touchdoooowwwwnnnn!". Well, this fan did anyway :silly: .

Even tho the TD was overturned :doh: , I even liked the aftermath. After the previous year's repeated debacles, Marty deliberately went to his FG kicker to give him the game-winner and restore any lost confidence for missing the game-winner in regulation. An incredible finish that marked the turnaround.

My other fave was one Mick cited, the Lockett to Thompson TD. For one brief second, an honest-to-gosh NFL offense

I have to go with LaVar's INT, not only because it was a turning point for the season, but because it marked a significant development in LaVar's career. He took on a much larger role as a defensive leader after that, and he seems poised to expand on that in 2002.

I would have said Lavar' int against Carolina, but we were still down 14-7, and we were still 0-5 until the Gardner bomb. Even after we won that game, it looked hopeless. The first Eagles game, even though there weren't any big plays, had to be my favorite game of the entire year, because we looked like playoff contenders. I was convinced we were going 11-5 after that game.

Archived