Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

adams to skins

bsmsss

trotter was on phil news from charity golf outing in phil--he stated he is assured adams will be a skin-he also said smoot may be as good as bailey--he stated big difference from skins and eagles d is brian dawkins

he stated he has circled eagle and dallas game on his calander

Smoot may not only be as good as Bailey, he may develop into a better cover corner eventually. Champ is probably going to wind up as a better all around CB, Smooty is a tad too frail, and although he likes to hit people, unless he puts on another 10-15lbs, he's going to get run over from time to time.

I agree on Smoot putting on about 5 lbs or so. It won't hurt. John Lynch put on quite a few pounds and it didn't hurt him in college or the pros.

Smoot is young like that and to put on now and adjust is a snap. He may very well have already done it or is in the process of doing that.

Fort Trotter to say that, is very uplifting indeed (Smoot) and yes Bailey is polished. He still has the tools to do things we just haven't seen yet, because the way Marty used him and Rhodes gave the spotlight to Sanders most of the time.

Smoot, does these same things, albeit with more speed. Man this very good indeed. Double trouble! ;)

On circling those dates, let's all hope the cowpokes circle the wagons and the feathery prey is ready to be fried.

Marty really embarrassed himself with two moves:

1. to try and replace Darrell Green with Donovan Greer, a career journeyman and backup.

2. keeping Jeff George and saying he was his quarterback.

you could add others like cutting Centers for really no good reason or refusing to throw the ball to Westbrook or whatever, but those first two stand out as moves made by a ego-filled and stubborn man that would rather break than bend in the breeze.

You know guys.....I think Bailey is getting bad rap for one or two bad PLAYS. He shut down a hot Rod Smith, shut down Darrell Jackson, for the most part shut down David Boston, the list goes on. I just think that if he hadn't have give up the one big play against dallas, everyone would still be in LOVE with the guy. He's still great. However, Smooty is also great. What a great predicament we have, to decide which of our corners is best!

I don't think anyone's looking down on Champ. They're just praising Smoot. Fred does have a knack for the spectacular though. On Bailey, the only thing I find odd, is in his first couple of years I don't think he has returned a single interception for a touchdown. One would think with his speed and athleticism he would have gotten a shot by now. Still, there is not much question that he is strong.

I agree with cowboykilla. Champ did get burnt on a couple of plays last year....One time he even got ate up by Marty Booker....but, he is still a future Hall of Famer. Smooty still has a lot of rough edges he needs to work out before he is as polished as Champ.

Champ got burnt against Dallas cause he guessed that it was another running play which was kicking our butt the entire game.

Schemes by Marty and company like playing him 10 yds off of Schroeder in the green bay game shafted him as well.

I like both guys and Champ looked spectacular in the pro bowl didn't he?

I also feel that Champ gets hounded for not having as many INTs as his rookie year, but after having such solid seasons, no one passes to his side of the field that much. He has very limited opportunities to even get an interception, much less a INT return for a TD.

Archived