Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins win how many games?

88Comrade2000

10-6 hey no one thought the chargers would be good maybe we will be this years surprise team losing smoot and pierce hurts but lamar marshall will move over to MLB and hopefully we draft pac man jones or rolle with the 9th pick to replace smoot

Originally posted by goskins

Whoa, who did that?

Eagle fans maybe?

No way the skins or anybody in the NFC East is going 1-15 in 2005.

Worst NFC East record in 2005: 6-10 or 7-9.

25% of the respondents are Eagles fans?

Come on.

Dallas, NY and Philly fans combined dont amount that.

I would suppose there are just a lot of jokers here. ;)

Originally posted by Saint Joe

I say 4-12. You really can't anticipate the defense to return at half the level they played at last year. We have no quarterback, we have no receivers, and we have no person intelligent enough to run an offense.

Wow you are an idiot, how about you think before you post next time...

:stfu:

Actually, I think picking the Redskins to go 10-6 year after year when they finish 5-11 year after year would qualify as idioticy.

I say 4-12. You really can't anticipate the defense to return at half the level they played at last year. We have no quarterback, we have no receivers, and we have no person intelligent enough to run an offense.

Idiotcy. Ya know, there are somethings that can be said here, but I think I'll just agree with Tarhog.

:evil:

Sigh. Between those and stevzy88va, I think I've seen thread depreciation.

prediction threads are always fun because you get to bump them halfway through the year and laugh at how things change.

Everyone predicted SD to be 4-12 last season, and look where they ended up.

While some may think we have gotten "worse" on paper, I will disagree and here is why:

Ramsey is the starter. I am sure there will be competition at TC but it's his job to lose. Right now I think his confidence is improved and he'll keep the job. This is actually a big deal because rather than start a QB who hasn't had reps with the rest of the offense, we've got continuity there. A huge plus.

The line is improved. Yes, Rabach is new and we don't know what to expect of him. However, he can't be any worse than Corey and we have Jansen back. In case you didn't notice, the line DID improve as the year progressed. Anyways, just having Jansen back is an automatic improvment over last season. Another huge plus.

Greg Williams. Yes, we lost Smoot and Pierce, arguably two of our best defenders from last season. However, Greg Williams system is proven to work. Lavar will be back and Taylor will be better than he already is(scary, I know) Judging by the Minny game we won't miss Smoot by week 5, just the same way we forgot about Champ early in the year last year. Our defense will remain focused and teams are already scared of us. Once again, a huge plus going into next season.

Joe Gibbs. I shouldn't have to bring his name up because I know some posters here still have respect for him as the legend he is and will always cherish the winning seasons he brought us, but I've noticed more dissention in the ranks as of late. You guys need to remember what happened to this team in 2003. EVERYONE QUIT ON SPURRIER!!!! Did that happen with Gibbs?

Well?

Did we not play our GUTS out against a playoff bound team and completely drum them in week 17?

Didn't we?

After having known that the only thing we were playing for was dignity and self respect, not the playoffs or prime time or anything.

Just football.

I am not trying to make you a believer in Gibbs because it's plainly obvious to anyone who pays attention to what is going on here that he has a plan bigger than what you or I may care to comprehend.

It's there. Certainly not evident if you go to NFL.com and look at the record, but if you read between the lines and take a look at history then you will see that the Skins are in for better days.

It's too early for me to make a concrete prediction yet but at the moment I'd have to say 9-7. Last season's loss to the Browns was a real eye opener. After that I came to the realization that Gibbs 2.0 is going to be a bit more of a challenge than I expected. Therefore I vowed then and there to let go of the expectations. Therefore no matter what happens next season I'll be cool with the process we're going through (hopefully) to get better down the road.

Originally posted by skinsfan12

7-9 worst case

10-6 best case

I'm thinking somewhere along these lines as well. I count 5 losses in our own freakin' division every year. We split with the Giants, we lose twice to Dallas (God that pains me but they have had our number for a while and I think they will be much improved on defense) and we probably lose twice to Philly, the class of the division (God, using "class" and "Philly" in the same sentence hurt almost as much as the Dallas sentence). Everyone expects that players will improve and that everyone will improve given more time in the system but it just doesn't always work out that way and while we are improving, other teams are as well.

Pro's:

-Put me in the exteme minority who thinks are reciever corps will either be about the same as last year or improved.

-The O-line will be better which should help the passing game, but I'm not convinced it will help the running game as much as it should b/c of Portis' style which usually has him not running in between the tackles. I thought a much less athletic Betts did a better job of following his blockers.

-Coaching. I can't wait for the media to eat crow on this one. I'm amazed how quickly they forget his pass successes or how easily they are willing to dismiss them.

Cons:

-I thought Smoot had a very good season last year and w/our front four not getting much of a push cb coverage becomes that much more important.

-Losing Pierce hurts not b/c of his athletecism, but b/c unlike Arrington, he knows where everyone on the defense is supposed to be.

-I'm wondering how much of the play book was actually used last year and how much it will change this year. If we are screen pass happy and uber-conservative again this year, I don't see the offense improving. On the other hand, if the playbook gets really opened up than it will basically be new to our guys ie not much benefit from a year in the system.

Originally posted by Tarhog

I don't think you're an idiot Saint Joe, but I think, judging from your posts, you chose your screenname sarcastically.

You've never sounded like a Gibb's believer to me.

Judging by his posts, he's probably trolling as a Redskins fan.

Originally posted by illone

prediction threads are always fun because you get to bump them halfway through the year and laugh at how things change.

Everyone predicted SD to be 4-12 last season, and look where they ended up.

While some may think we have gotten "worse" on paper, I will disagree and here is why:

Ramsey is the starter. I am sure there will be competition at TC but it's his job to lose. Right now I think his confidence is improved and he'll keep the job. This is actually a big deal because rather than start a QB who hasn't had reps with the rest of the offense, we've got continuity there. A huge plus.

The line is improved. Yes, Rabach is new and we don't know what to expect of him. However, he can't be any worse than Corey and we have Jansen back. In case you didn't notice, the line DID improve as the year progressed. Anyways, just having Jansen back is an automatic improvment over last season. Another huge plus.

Greg Williams. Yes, we lost Smoot and Pierce, arguably two of our best defenders from last season. However, Greg Williams system is proven to work. Lavar will be back and Taylor will be better than he already is(scary, I know) Judging by the Minny game we won't miss Smoot by week 5, just the same way we forgot about Champ early in the year last year. Our defense will remain focused and teams are already scared of us. Once again, a huge plus going into next season.

Joe Gibbs. I shouldn't have to bring his name up because I know some posters here still have respect for him as the legend he is and will always cherish the winning seasons he brought us, but I've noticed more dissention in the ranks as of late. You guys need to remember what happened to this team in 2003. EVERYONE QUIT ON SPURRIER!!!! Did that happen with Gibbs?

Well?

Did we not play our GUTS out against a playoff bound team and completely drum them in week 17?

Didn't we?

After having known that the only thing we were playing for was dignity and self respect, not the playoffs or prime time or anything.

Just football.

I am not trying to make you a believer in Gibbs because it's plainly obvious to anyone who pays attention to what is going on here that he has a plan bigger than what you or I may care to comprehend.

It's there. Certainly not evident if you go to NFL.com and look at the record, but if you read between the lines and take a look at history then you will see that the Skins are in for better days.

Good post!

Archived