Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I forgot my intro....

davidyee

Here i have been posting on this board, but I forgot to introduce myself.

I am an unapologetic Cowboys fan. I also joined this Board last year, but only glanced once before being sidetracked.

The recent migration of DMN posters to here piqued my interest to post here.

If there was one way to describe my football interest I would sum it up in the enjoyment of the games. 1 -15 or 5-11 it really doesn't matter to me as long as I get to watch Cowboys football. It doesn't mean that I don't get upset with the team, the coaches and Jones for that matter. But I won't let that distract me from enjoying a football game whatever the outcome.

What does piss me off is lowbrow, unintelligent thought. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. Hopefully I can bring some intelligent conversation from my point of view to this board.

Originally posted by davidyee

What does piss me off is lowbrow, unintelligent thought. I have a low tolerance for stupidity. Hopefully I can bring some intelligent conversation from my point of view to this board.

It occured to me that your statement above and being a Cowboy fan is the epitome of an oxymoron.

Just kidding;) . Actually I have a neighbor who is a Cowboy fan and he's been lurking on this board since I told him about it. (How ya doin' Doug M?). I consider him to be of the rare type of Cowboy fan you seem to be.

Congratulations on deviating from what has usually been the norm on this board from Cowboy fans.

Originally posted by TheKurp

It occured to me that your statement above and being a Cowboy fan is the epitome of an oxymoron.

Just kidding;) . Actually I have a neighbor who is a Cowboy fan and he's been lurking on this board since I told him about it. (How ya doin' Doug M?). I consider him to be of the rare type of Cowboy fan you seem to be.

Congratulations on deviating from what has usually been the norm on this board from Cowboy fans.

Kurp,

Being a Canadian Cowboy fan and a boorish stupid one at that would not endear oneself to other NFL fans south of the border. It doesn't mean that Canada is devoid of idiots, but being one and venturing of U.S. football boards isn't a good mix.

Welcome aboard davidyee

My questions to the fellow skins and cowpoke fans from the land of eh are:

What is the canadian football equivalent to the skins cowboy rivalry?

Since we are stuck with Tom Green can you take Alec Baldwin?

Why are Ham slices called Bacon up there?

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts & Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos.

2. Are you sure you want to ante up Alex Baldwin and hold on to Paulie Shore?

3. Ham slices aren't called bacon here. Honestly, I don't know where you yanks come up with this stuff :) Why do Americans eat pancakes like potato chips?

Originally posted by Die Hard

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Toronto Argonauts & Calgary Stampeders and Edmonton Eskimos.

2. Are you sure you want to ante up Alex Baldwin and hold on to Paulie Shore?

3. Ham slices aren't called bacon here. Honestly, I don't know where you yanks come up with this stuff :) Why do Americans eat pancakes like potato chips?

Diehard and Navy Dave,

Where I'm from its Labour Day and Saskatchewan Roughriders and Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

Keep Green.

Bacon up here refers to sliced pork belly. Canadian Bacon is Ham Loin maple cured and smoked. It's fairly dry and lean, but very good grilled or BBQed. Typically this product is sold by the slice because of its high price per ounce. But don't get that mixed up with products like Spam. There's usually less than 5% fat in Canadian Bacon.

Archived