Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gremlins in the Board?

Om

Whoa ... anybody else having "issues" with the board right now? I wouldn't even know where to start in describing what I'm seeing here, and I'm pretty sure it's not the drugs.

Or maybe it is. Let me know if you want some.

Ahem. Disregard. It wasn't the drugs, it was a lack of Java.

Seems my PC underwent what I believe the techies call a "f-ck up" when the "system" went down a while ago, and disabled Java without telling me. *******.

Seems silicon-based life forms are as reliant on caffeine as we carbon-based units.

Navy

Nope. Only Apple machines run the Mac OS (OSX). Apple tried licencing ala Microsoft, but it was poorly done and they (Steve Jobs) pulled the plug.

The above assumes you were not just pulling my chain.

Here's some trivia. The Ravens use Apple laptops for their players to look at film and keep a digital copy of the playbook.

Bleeting Heard? What's that? Mike, I was pulling your chain. (er this is in case you were taliking to me).Never assume. Anyone who's been on this board knows I'm rarely serious, even in Tailgate. My brother, the one in Vegas, is a web programmer and he is a huuuge Mac fan. My employer is too. Loyal is compliment. Hell, the only reason I have a Compaq is that the games are, (or were), easier to come by. Though now with an XBOX, that may be a moot point. :cheers:

Park City

I felt the yank on my chain the first time :cheers: I was just playing along!

The smack I gave him was for real but then so was his insulting language. "bleeting herd" as in sheep. Sorry, I get going and my spelling goes all to hell. :doh:

:peace:

Mike no prob. So let me get this straight. Just because one owns a Mac, you're some type of sheep? What? This guy work for Microsoft? Wow. By the way, what's the deal on Mac these days. My boss and I talked about a brighter future there. Are we up in the night or some truth to that?

I have both PC's and Macs to play with at work.

I don't see as much difference as a lot of people seem to (I think it's mostly an emotional issue for most people), but the Mac OS 9.x machine locks up way too often for me.

The OSX machine is a lot better, but not perfect - probably comparable to the PC's we have, in terms of frustration factor.

Just my $.0199

Archived