Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs Says Coles Trade Unlikely

HOF44

Originally posted by bubba9497

since when can a player under contract demand a new deal in a trade??

when the trade hinged on a restructure on Coles part about the roster bonus?

Guess your question was answered in the updated Demasio article you posted.

"You don't want to have somebody that doesn't want to be there," said linebacker Antonio Pierce in a phone interview. "If he's unhappy, he's going to make other people unhappy. We don't need that kind of negativity.

"L.C. plays hard, and guys respected him for that. But you need everybody on the same page. He wasn't a distraction, but you could tell he wasn't happy. If he came back, he would definitely be a distraction."

Silver lining to me in this article is why AP is discussing this at great length talking about the team and such. Does he figure he is coming back? :thumbsup:

On a positive note, there are some great quotes in there. I always had faith that Gibbs' strength was his ability to lead men, which was got me so excited about his return. But some of the events of this past year put just a hint of doubt of his abilty to reach today's players. I'm glad to see it seems the players are just as incredulous as we are over Cole's unhappiness. Everyone seems perplexed as to why Coles would not want to play for Gibbs. I'm assured he still "has it".

And the extensive quotes from Pierce are telling about his motivations.

I'm also glad to see so many quotes that people take credit for, as opposed to the unlimited supply of "unnamed" quotes from players regarding controversy in the past.

Archived