Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumors about Star Wars 2

fuji869

Warning: Do not read this post if you do not want find out too much about the plot of Star Wars Episode 2, The Attack of the Clones, before you see the movie. :stop:

Here's some of the rumors spreading about the movie: :?:

Darth Maul is still alive!

Stormtroopers in Eposide 4 are exposed to be clones!

Bobafett is a young kid in this movie and Jengafett is his father! His backstory is told! You will know how he got his Mandalorian armor... :asta:

There is only a few seconds {22} (thank God) of JarJar Binks- he is now a senator!

All Jedis DIE! Awesome fighting sequence! Except for Obi Wan and Yoda - they go into hiding! Mace Windu dies in and epic battle! :stick:

Anakin Skywalker impregnates Queen Amidala! :kiss:

Towards the end of the movie, Anakin goes to the "Dark Side" of the Force. :evil:

You will see wookies!

You will see ewoks (just joking, I hope)!

People who read the books already have a very good idea of what's going to happen. Darth Maul is not still alive, he's brought back to life by the Sith, ok so it's a technicality:)

Lots of action , new characters and some epic Saber fights. Yoda evidently kicks the crap out of Count Dooku. I can't wait to see Yoda flying around with Force moves bustin a$$ on a Sith Lord.

Jango and Boba Fett's stories are told including how Jango was the man used as the model for one of the clone armies. The reviews are all touting it as the best Sci Fi movie ever made and that as bad as Episode 1 was Lucas more than redeems himself.

I can't wait!

I was listening to Stern's show earlier in the week and they were reviewing the movie after seeing an advance screening. Their consensus seemed to be that the movie was visually spectacular, but lacking a bit in other areas. All of them agreed it wasn't anywhere near as awful as the last one, so maybe I'll take a chance and go see it.

Now if they'd just do a sequel to Spinal Tap or a Godfather IV...

You do not yet know the power of the supply side.....

It DOES seem like Hollywood has gotten a bit lazy with SE since CGI has come to fruition. Although it can be very cool, with Yoda having been done with make up before you're right, CGI does kind of cheapen it. However that made-up version could never pull off a fight scene without being very contrived, slow and unrealistic. They kinda have to render it for fight scenes. Still seems like they could combine things a decent amount ala Blade 2 rather than render it all.

Originally posted by cdanrun

Does the Star Wars saga continue after Return of the Jedi? If so are they gonna even make it?

It does in books, the first one is "Truce at Bacara" which takes place right after "The Return of the Jedi". Then they go into other stuff after that, I have not read any of the books.

I saw an interview with George Lucas and he said that he will not be making any more movies after Episode 3.

Awesome fighting sequence! Except for Obi Wan and Yoda - they go into hiding

Actually....

Yoda fights!!

They have the whole script of the movie on some site and it's in the script, there's a site showing a clip of it...

Yoda fighting?

A GAY Yoda fighting????

Originally posted by CounterTre

It DOES seem like Hollywood has gotten a bit lazy with SE since CGI has come to fruition.

Absolutely. I'm a big believer in CGI being used when there's no logistically conceivable way to photorealistically pull off the effect that the filmmakers are going for (e.g. the T-1000's morphing sequences in T2 and the water tentacle from The Abyss). Otherwise, I say do it as an in-camera effect or an old-school optical FX shot.

Although it can be very cool, with Yoda having been done with make up before you're right, CGI does kind of cheapen it. However that made-up version could never pull off a fight scene without being very contrived, slow and unrealistic.

True. However, my question to George Lucas is this: "Yoda fighting? Yoda jumping around, swinging a lightsaber all about? Uh, why?!" I don't know about you, but the idea of that little hairy green guy flying around and kicking mondo @ss is just laughable to me. I don't want to see Yoda fighting. There are certain figures who shouldn't physically exert themselves in that kind of way on camera. Danny DeVito. Ron Jeremy. The Muppets. And (drum roll, please) Yoda, who is basically a glorified Muppet, anyway. Seriously, between this and Jar Jar Binks, I'm beginning to wonder if Lucas isn't simply engaging in some sort of giant social experiment with these new Star Wars films, trying to see how much idiotic nonsense he can pack into them and yet still make hundreds of millions at worldwide box offices.

I've read that Yoda and I forget who, name starts with Doo or something like that, has a pretty awesome fight scene near the end, showing us why he's truly the Master. Curious to see how they're gonna show the him kicking some a$$

Well Glenn here's my take on Yoda fighting. Might seem stupid to you, but since he's considered the most powerful Jedi around, it seems to make a little bit of sense that he would be fighting in a war that wipes out his entire order. It would be stupid for him NOT to fight IMO. Might seem goofy to you, but it follows right along with the books and makes perfect sense to people who have read the books etc.

His fight is with Count Dooku and Dooku goes down. Word I've gotten is Windu DOES die in this one.

Yeah i was reading an article in my local paper about Samuel L and he was saying that he keeps bugging Lucas that Mace must have a goog death and not some cheap shot in the back. He said he wants to die at the hands of Vader or a group of Sith. He made it sound like his charachter was around for number 3 but it could have been a rouse.

Anyway im going to the movie TONIGHT at 7pm. My friend got passes to a sneak preview....WOO HOO. So im excited to say the least. If anyone wishes I can give a review of the movie, with or without spoilers after I get back from the movie.

Well Glenn here's my take on Yoda fighting. Might seem stupid to you, but since he's considered the most powerful Jedi around, it seems to make a little bit of sense that he would be fighting in a war that wipes out his entire order. It would be stupid for him NOT to fight IMO. Might seem goofy to you, but it follows right along with the books and makes perfect sense to people who have read the books etc.

At the risk of sounding like a bit of a jerk here, I could care less about any of that. I'm responding to this issue on a purely emotional, visceral level. And, in my opinion, the emotional and the visceral comprise the bedrock of good filmmaking. To me, Yoda running around like a swashbuckler, swinging a laser-sword to and fro, is simply bad cinema.

For one thing, there's the ol' "less is more" argument. In Aliens, for example, we knew that the titular E.T.s grabbed up humans and carried them off to their alien hive to serve as hosts for E.T. parasites. However, we never actually saw this process, from Point A to Point Z, take place. The filmmakers revealed to us only the most frightening and violent portions of this process (namely the moment at which those nasty facehugger things attacked their human prey), but kept the rest of it from our eyes. The reasons for this were two-fold. Firstly, there was the issue of pacing; by "cutting to the chase," the filmmakers were able to keep the films moving along toward climax and resolution, and eliminate footage that would unnecessarily pad the overall running time. Secondly, by keeping the audience's chances at seeing the aliens down to the bare minimum, the filmmakers were able to maintain the mystery and basic scariness of the creatures, as that which we cannot entirely see or fully understand is always more frigtening to us.

To me, Yoda was always more interesting as the old, lonely warrior monk figure, the samurai who'd put his sword away for good, choosing instead to meditate all day long, ponder the mysteries of the universe and aid younger warriors in mastering their craft. So the notion of Yoda, albeit a younger version of him, bustin' out with the ol' laser-light @ss-whuppin' stick in Episode II just cheapens the dignified, sage-like quality of the character, in my estimation. I didn't need to see him beat @ss to know that he's a great Jedi warrior.

For another thing, the idea of Yoda doing battle just strikes me as patently silly. I don't care how young he's supposed to be in Episode II, nor what kind of spring in his step he purportedly has. The bottom line is that Yoda is a Muppet, an animatronic puppet. I don't care that Lucas has been able to give him a CGI makeover and digitally cut his marionette strings. He's still, in essence, a puppet. Just like ALF. But with less hair (save for his ears) and green skin, of course. :)

Let me ask you this, CT: Would you want to see a movie where AFL is featured swinging a lightsaber around and doing battle? Well, that's pretty much how I feel about the idea of Yoda mixing it up in Episode II.

Archived