Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who will be the first poster to get 10,000 posts?

They seek the greatest adventure the greatest and most difficult race on the planet-- they seeek the answer].

They search for the answer in the most unlikely of places from Alaska, to Borneo, Madagascar and the Andes. They come from all countries and all walks of life. They come seeking to test their limits and find themselves by enduring the greatest hardship this existence has to offer. They are experts at climbing, swimming, running, cycling, navigationg, kayaking, and sled driving. But most of all they prepare their bodies, minds and spirits to not only endure but to prevail under the most EXTREME circumstances. They seek to be "the one".

You will find them at the 370 mile eco challenge, the tour de France, the 1,100 mile iditarod, the Annapurna 100K, the Mongolia sunrise to sunset race (an Alpine marathon followed by an ultra marathon), even the fabled Raid Gauloises (which is so tough that Navy SEALs have had their will broken and been forced to drop out in despair).

BUT ALL OF THESE CHALLENGES PALE IN SIGNIFIGANCE NEXT TO THE GREATEST QUEST OF THEM ALL--THE EXTREMESKINS 10,000!ONLY ONE MAN WILL BE THE FIRST POSTER TO REACH 10,000 POSTS. THE REST OF US WILL STAND IN AWED SILENCE...AND KOWTOW.

OK so much for the long winded prelude. Here's the essential question:

It's a 2 man race, with NavyDave at 8,070 posts and Bulldog right behind with 7846 posts. The next nearest competitor is over 2,500 posts behind Bulldog.

Who will be the first Extremeskins grand Poobah? Who will be the first to reach 10,000 posts? NavyDave, Bulldog, or some unlikely player from out of nowhere?

"Second place is first loser", Special forces mamntra.

Why do I gotta be in the 2500 range? You know.......you can only post once a minute here. So, say that you do it once a minute for 8 hours a day. That's 480 a day. 5 days a week which is 2400. So, in about a month and a week, somebody could catch up and win it all .

Coupla months ago, I would have bet the mortgage on Navy. Every time bulldog made a run at him, Dave would fire off 20 or so quickies a day and keep a comfortable cushion. I was convinced he was unassailable.

But now his lady's with mini-Dave ... so I'm keeping my money in my pocket on a winner. I'd bet it all on those two to win and place, though. For anybody to catch either of them now would require a feat of resolve and stamina not unlike that of a man marooned on the Isle of Reformed Lesbos With Something To Prove.

:coach:

Bulldog has the talent, but he often dissappears in critical situations witht he game on the line. Navy, while not as gifted, is a tough, gritty competitor who's never missed a day due to injury. He the type of poster who just wills his icons to the next level. You gotta admire that.

I think Navy will pull it out, but I'd draft either in the first round wihtout hesitation. :thumbsup:

In the interest of fairness, we ought not forget Reaper's thousand or two posts before his demise. Which is an interesting concept, when you think about it, the business of Reaper demising. Almost a double-negative thing going on there.

And of course, there IS the fact that bulldog's post are, on average, 5.774 times longer than Dave's. Which is an interesting concept, when you think about it, the business of whether size really matters or not.

from bufford!

you know, they should lock that Waterboy on you for the summer now.

i can't say i disagree with you bufford. i'm obnoxious sometimes. i'll have to accept what every punishment i have coming to me...:doh:

BullDog, TPFKAR (the poster fomerly known as Reaper) IMO already has 10,000 posts especially if we take into consideraton the posts from the old TSN board.

This board comes in handy on days featuring keep that thing to yourself, is that all I am to you ...........

Ok, let me get out my calculator:

Bulldog has 2147 posts to go.

NavyDave has 1924 posts to go.

At 13.01 posts per day, it will take Bulldog 165.03 days to get to 10,000.

At 11.86 posts per day, it will take NavyDave 162.23 days.

So it looks like Navy will cross the threshhold 2.8 days before Bulldog.

And yes, it's a slow day at work today.

Thanks for the statistical breakdown Henry.

You know its the offseason when a thread like this gets so much attention.

Im gonna take Bulldog because i always root for the underdog. Also when are the admins gonna let Bulldog off his punishment?

Originally posted by Henry

Ok, let me get out my calculator:

Bulldog has 2147 posts to go.

NavyDave has 1924 posts to go.

At 13.01 posts per day, it will take Bulldog 165.03 days to get to 10,000.

At 11.86 posts per day, it will take NavyDave 162.23 days.

So it looks like Navy will cross the threshhold 2.8 days before Bulldog.

And yes, it's a slow day at work today.

Excellent work Henry!

Given that their is a high probability of signifigant statistical variation from their mean posts/day over the next 5.5 months this is a frucking dead heat boys and girls!!

Looks like either of them can win this damn race!! Gonna go down to the wire!

Hey, who's taking "book" on this thing? We oughta have a nice pot for whomever picks the winner and comes closest to selecting the correct date and time of the 10,000th post.

Somebody contact ESPN, FoxSports, George Micheals, and CNNSI we need the media covering this thing and giving live updates as we get closer to the day of reckoning!!

Plus with that multi-million dollar anuity that Blade, Die Hard, and Art have generously agreed to give the winner, either NavyDave or Bulldog will be set for life and never have to work again!

Just think one of them is only a few thousand simple posts away from a lifetime of fame, glory, and relaxation.

Man I'm stoked!November will be one exciting month at eXTREMESKINS!!

NavyDave and Bulldog...WE SALUTE YOU!!!

:cheers: :notworthy :pint: :high: :pint: :notworthy :cheers:

Hey moderators,

In the poll question I wrote "Some unexpected sole from the pack " :gus: :shootinth: but I meant to say "soul" not "sole"-- could you kindly change it for me?

I wouldn't want anyone thinking I'm so wasted :high::high::high::high::high::high: that I think a "foot" or a "fish" could end up beating ND and BD to the 10,000th post.

Thanks.:

UPDATE:

NavyDave joined Extremeskins on June-26th-2000. While Bulldog's first post was September-11th-2000.

In a race in which the projected winner is expected to cross the finish line only a few days before the next competitor (by Henry's computations) THAT TWO AND A HALF MONTH LEAD OUT OF THE GATE COULD BE THE DIFFERENCE. STAY TUNED.

CURRENT STATUS:

NavyDave: 8131 posts at a rate of 11.86 posts/day

BullDog: 7926 posts at a rate of 13.02 posts/day

jolt.jpgWith twice the sugar and twice the caffeine. Jolt works every time!

"Navydave and BullDog drink Jolt cola all day long. So should you!"

Jolt cola the official sponsor of the 2002 extremeskins 10,000.

Archived