Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Favorite Intl. B-Ball team?

Hmm.... time to bump the thread. C. Webb is coming through, and Nowitzki is fading fast.

The reason however, for the Kings 3-1 series lead is all Mike Bibby. Man, what a steal for the Kings, trading Williams for Bibby straight up. I knew it was a ridiculous trade at the time, and Bibby is proving it in the crunch.

BTW, I'm pretty sure the Mavs would be doing better in this series if they hadn't traded Juwanji. Not that Juwanji is a great player, or worth anything more than a mid-level exception, but he's a pretty good low post defender. If the Mavs had one of those on their roster right now, this would be a different series.

I've been a Celtics fan since the Bird years. Let me tell you, the moderate success this season has been a long time coming.

When any franchise has two of their top draft picks die, that can't be good karma.

Although, based on the topic line, I thought that you were asking favourite international team... I would bet that there's not many guys here who really follow the Italian professional league...

:silly:

The Lakers are not even close to the same team they were a year ago, and I predict they will get slammed in the next round. They simply can't put enough points on the board. Gimp-Shaq, while still better than every other center in the league, can't blow up the Kings like he did last year.

Today was about as bad as the Lakers will play and they still won.

C Webb will have amnesia about his inside game against the Lakers.

Laudi (Dale) Divac will remain on spring vacation and the Lakers will win in five.

And I root against the Lakers but I know its inevitable.

I pick the Mavs because watching C.Webb dominate makes me sick:puke: when I think about what might have been if Unseld weren't such a friggin joke...

RASHEED WALLACE, BEN WALLACE, JUWAN HOWARD, AND C WEBB ALL ON THE SAME TEAM WITH MJ!!! MY GOD I COULD PLAY PONT GUARD AND GET THAT TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS!! DAMN YYOU UNSELD!! DAMN YOUR STINKING BLASPHEMOUS SOUL TO HELL!!!

Bball.jpgGM Wes Unseld poses with "Babs" Mikulski after signing her to a contract to be the NBA's first female point guard.

BCS, C Webb is only the tip of the Bullets/Wizards iceberg.

Off the top of my head Tom Guggliotta, Rex Chapman, Pervis Ellison, Ben Wallace (... BEN WALLACE for God's sake,) Rasheed Wallace, Mitch Richmond, Jalen Rose, and now Michael Jordan ALL had successful careers elsewhere, but dissappeared into the Abyss That Is Washington Basketball. (Yes even MJ. I SERIOUSLY doubt he considers 35 wins is a successful season.)

You must learn to let it go and accept that this is a simple fact of the sporting universe.

Yes, TCO, please forgive the miscues. :) I don't really follow Basketball anymore.

But I can't tell you how many times I've been watching some random game and they mention so team's superstar and I'll think to myself "Say, didn't that guy used to play for the Bullets? ... badly?" It's happened so many times over the years that now Chris Webber lighting up the scoreboard for another team doesn't even phase me. Honestly, did anyone doubt he'd be great once he left DC?

Preach on, brotha. I didn't know anyone at the time who thought the organization was being ridiculously foollish in dumping C. Webb instead of Juwanji. I believe they couldnt find any takers for Juwanji, so they reached. Sigh.... Well, we'll see what happens in the next year or two. We have two strong needs. Small forward, and point guard. Unseld basically said the other day that no matter how the lottery falls, he thinks they'll have a good way to pick up a small forward. He could have been shady and meant Rashard Lewis though.

Webber is a great player when the Kings are allowed to run and gun and face a team like Dallas that plays no defense.

When the Kings play the Lakers and get a slower tempo thrown at them, Webber often becomes impatient and takes bad shots or throws the ball away on critical possessions.

I will have to see that change in him before I begin to think the Kings are going to leapfrog into the NBA finals.

Yes, Bibby makes a difference for the Kings. Jason Williams was a no-show in the playoffs for the team.

The Lakers tend to wear down point guards in a seven game series with their backcourt which has some physical defenders in Brian Shaw and Derek Fisher.

Dallas to me is an overrated team, much as the Phoenix Suns of a couple of years ago. They put up 115 points but give up 120.

It's exciting to watch, but in the end it puts them in position to watch the NBA finals at home on TV. :)

Well the only player worth a d@mn is Ben Wallace.

No flurry of Technical fouls like Rasheed, No soft game when team is forced to play halfcourt like C Webb who will act like a small forward against the Lakers, and Juwann was ovepaid too bad the league didnt let him go to the Heat.

Richmond was old and slow before he came here and you never give up a young big guy for and old small guy.

Give Kwame a nanny, some metro tickets and summer with Tae bo Blanks(Stamina) after he goes to big man camp and we may have a true twin towers if our center progresses as well.

It should be an interesting series. Webber and Divac both feed off a fast tempo game, and when the fast break and fancy passing isn't there they becom stagnate and begin to force things that aren't there. Sacramento has a gaurd in Christie that can play physical with Kobe and make him work on the defensive side of the ball. That, however, is not always a good thing.It seems as if the more physical you get with Kobe the more dominating he becomes.

I look for Shaq to try to pick up the pace tonight and make the closeout game a message for Sacramento.I hope so anyway.Home court advantage isn't going to be that big of a deal.The Lakers are a championship team who knows how to win on the road.In fact, it might hurt the Kings, especially if LA is able to steal game 1. We shall see. I wish the Kings fans good luck :cheers: It should be one hell of a series.Everyone knows that whoever wins this series is the NBA champs. Watching Eastern conference basketball is painful.

Archived