Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Safety's FS and SS

In regards to the skins defensive backfield, all the hype last preseason was on Infenity Ohelyite (or however you spell it) as I recall he really can hit and durring preseason played better than david terrell. I think he should be given a shot at the starting job cause terell isnt cutting it.. Sam shade however, is a great run stopper but is it me or can he not cover recievers to save his life? What do you guys think do they really need another DB?

Ryan

If I.O. can play, i trust in lewis to make the right call. terrell was also in his first year at the position, and we can't get on him "too" much. That said, if an upgrade is available, we should jump on it AFTER DT and OG spots are filled.

httr

Ohalete is a raw player. He is still getting his feet wet on special teams and I doubt he will be a major factor at safety this year.

For an undrafted guy like this to advance that quickly, within one season to a starting job, is really rare.

There aren't too many Zach Thomas types out there.

Some of the younger Skins like a Ohalete or McCants has the physical skills to play the game but they lack real sophistication or polish.

From what I understand McCants came in basically able to run straight down the field to catch the ball.

He had no wiggle to his game and no repertoire of moves to get separation and contend with the physical corners in the NFL.

If Lewis is being straight about Lavar rushing the QB more instead of going into coverage, I'm betting he's planning on lots of substitution in the backfield on passing downs. I wouldn't be surprised if Shade gets pulled on 3rd downs. He's actually a good fit for Lewis' system, although his cap number is just too high.

Archived