Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'God is healing me,' Eagles' Owens says

Matador36

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6863776/

PHILADELPHIA - Terrell Owens says his recovery is way ahead of schedule, surprising even his doctor.

Whether the All-Pro wide receiver will be healthy enough to play for the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl remains a mystery.

“What a lot of people don’t realize is that I’ve been doing a lot of rehab on my own, a lot of healing on my own, but spiritually God is healing me and I’m way ahead of where a lot of people expect me to be, even the doctor,” Owens said Monday. “He’s even shocked at what he’s seen. Spiritually I’ve been healed and I believe that I’ll be out there on that field Sunday, regardless of what anyone says.”

Owens was among several Eagles, including quarterback Donovan McNabb and running back Brian Westbrook, who sat courtside for Monday night’s NBA game between the Philadelphia 76ers and Miami Heat. Owens, sidelined with an ankle injury since Dec. 19, was all smiles while talking about a possible return for the Feb. 6 Super Bowl against the New England Patriots.

Eagles coach Andy Reid said earlier in the day that Owens has made great progress, and will try to run this week.

“I’ve been doing all my rehab in the pool,” Owens said.

He was back on the sideline Sunday for the NFC title game, only this time he served as head cheerleader, flapping his arms, waving a towel and encouraging the crowd to make more noise. The Eagles advanced to the Super Bowl with a 27-10 victory over the Atlanta Falcons.

Owens jogged onto the field and pumped up the crowd during pregame introductions, and jumped around on the bench during the game.

“I enjoyed it,” Owens said. “If I could have been out there, I would have been out there. I just showed my support where I can.”

But making cuts and taking hits are another story.

Owens, who led the Eagles with 77 catches for 1,200 yards and 14 TDs, tore two ankle ligaments and broke his right leg in a game against Dallas. A surgeon inserted two screws in Owens’ ankle and a plate on the outside of the ankle three days after he was injured.

Owens was told after surgery that he had only an outside chance of returning for the Super Bowl, which was seven weeks away at the time. But he has rehabbed vigorously and has told teammates he’s going to play.

Staying optimistic is one thing. Will he really be healthy enough to take the field in Jacksonville, Fla.?

“That’s the question of the day. It remains to be answered,” Owens said. “In due time. I’ve got two weeks to prepare and get myself healthy enough to get out there on that field. When the time comes, we’ll make that decision and we’ll see.”

Will TO have a little dance on the sidelines when his team is getting kicked in the SB? Will all the media feel obligated to watch his every move whether he's playing or not? Will we be force-fed TO for another six months whether we like it or not?

I gots to know! :D

Originally posted by Blondie

TO has the works of God confused.

Judges 15:16

16 And Samson said, "With the jawbone of an ass.......... the jaw of an ass have I slain a thousand men."

Samson played for the Patriots.

:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Blondie

how did Samson find TO's jawbone? :laugh:

Obviously TO hasnt been in Phily long enough.......God hates the Eagles and therefore He hates TO. That is why God, in his infinite wisdom, builds them up all year and then makes them lose, typically by smiting (sp?) one of there best players. That is why TO is hurt in the first place, that is why TO wont be healthy by Feb 6, and THAT my friends, is why the Eagles will lose the SB.

So it has been written.

I can't figure out for the life of me who God's favorite team is. Apparently he blesses and looks out for people on every team! Funny how God apparently blesses one guy one week when he has 12 catches for 200 yards and 2 TDs, but God seems to forget about him the next week when he has 2 catches for 12 yards. If God thought these people were so hot, you would think he would bless them every week, right?

Archived