Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

alabamabrokenbcstrophy.jpg

http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=7821303&type=story

Alabama's $30K BCS trophy shattered

By Alex Scarborough

TideNation

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- A piece of history from the University of Alabama's championship run was shattered on Saturday afternoon following the Crimson Tide's annual A-Day scrimmage.

The Coaches' Trophy from this season's BCS national title was accidentally knocked off its podium and shattered by a player's father whose foot got caught on a rug that sits beneath the trophy display. The Waterford Crystal trophy was on display in the Mal Moore Athletic Facility halls, home to coach Nick Saban's office and other athletic personnel.

The handmade trophy sculpted in Ireland is valued at $30,000. The university previously had two such trophies, one at the Paul W. Bryant Museum and the other at the athletic facility. A university spokesman confirmed that they will immediately begin the process of replacing the trophy.

I might be one of the few here who know who this guy is (and what he looks like) - but this is hilarious.

Gotye Shows Up To San Francisco Pub Trivia Night, Kicks Everyone's Ass

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/shookdown/2012/04/gotye_shows_up_at_sf_pub_trivi.php

gotye-3.jpg

Yes, rock stars are real people who exist in the same world as the rest of us. Today's evidence: Via email tip, we hear that Australian pop singer Gotye -- who's giving a much-anticipated headlining show tonight at Bill Graham Civic Center -- was lurking around S.F. this past Monday night, kicking ass in the rock 'n' roll-focused trivia game at Minx in the Tendernob.

Apparently, the singer -- read our interview with him here! -- came in with a group of Australians and proceeded to get every question right. From our tipster:

I go to a small pub quiz that my friend Chaki hosts every Monday at Minx Bar in the Tender Nob. It's a music specific quiz aka ROCK N ROLL TRIVIA. There weren't many teams this week but this one group of Austrailians came in and one guy on the team completely DEMOLISHED everybody in the bar, answering every question correctly. Here's what Chaki posted on his Facebook:

"So last night @ trivia this nerdy dude comes in and proceeds to answer every question right. I'm like who the **** is this genius? We get to talking and he tells me he's Wally and we end up chatting about old exotica and new wave records. This guy had an encyclopedic knowledge of music and was as cool as ****. Turns out it was international pop star GOTYE! WTF I just thought it was my new Aussie friend Wally. Dude could not have been nicer, cooler or smarter about music! Life is weird."

By the way, Gotye is real name is Wouter "Wally" de Backer. Which just goes to show, especially when it's the Monday between Coachella weekends, you never know who you're going up against in pub trivia.