Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

So with all of the quote tags in this thread, I'm wondering are we not allowed to quote any pics or just multiple, large blocks of pics?

I'm often left wondering how some of you dress yourselves or operate a motor vehicle without either resulting in immediate and serious injury. :silly:

J/K amigo.

If it was just an occasional quote of a just-posted pic, there wouldn't be a problem.

First, regarding this thread, though it's a practice that's been complained, pleaded, and warned about by numerous members and staff, we still have NUMEROUS people who keep quoting pics REPEATEDLY and CONSTANTLY. :D

Again and again throughout the thread (the last six months in particular for some reason--monkey see monkey do? :silly:), there are many places where within 2-4 pages you find different separate pics (and some groups of pics) just posted that then get repeated 6-20 times :rubeyes: .

It's pretty simple really. :)

Always read the actual rule in question first, (massive duh). Rule 11 lays things out in simple English and explains why it's a rule (two factors---bandwidth and clutter). Excessive quoting may affect one or the other or both depending on what is being quoted, text or pics.

And axe yo sef: is it that hard to figure out how to reference a previous pic posted without quoting the pic?

(cuz when several people quote every 3rd-to-6th pic just posted it gets a tad tiring and bothersome to almost everyone who's not brain-damaged).

For the "x" (and last) time in this thread, here's some examples of how to do that for the cognitively challenged:

"LOLz!!11!FTW on that pic of the cat eating the baby!!!111" :applause:

or

"WTFG, Pete, with the oh-so-awesumm humorosity of post #265 and that stupid pierced grandma! Epiclassic Failmeister!" :applause:

Someone else pointed out that you can quote the post, then edit out the pic and the ltitle blue arrow will remain that directs the reader back to the quoted post, if you want to be fancy and helpful. I never tried that, so if it works great, if not, you have been given other options. Now spread the word, save the world.

Love, us. :cheers:

Edited by Jumbo

Somehow your entire post didn't answer my question specifically Jumbo :silly: so without quoting your entire post, I'm going to asssume that we are not to quote any pics in this thread.

Rule 11 just says not to quote huge blocks of text or pictures and try to quote just the sentence and/or idea that you are commenting on.

To me, quoting one pic doesn't equate to a "huge block" (in most cases...we all know that some pics can take up half a page) so I'll assume that quoting just the sentence or using the "blue arrow" trick will suffice. :cheers:

To me, quoting one pic doesn't equate to a "huge block" (in most cases...we all know that some pics can take up half a page) so I'll assume that quoting just the sentence or using the "blue arrow" trick will suffice. :cheers:

The problem is 99, and I think this is what got them to start enforcing this rule...is that people quote the same pictures over and over. When there is a really funny picture, everyone wants to add their :2cents: and in doing so, take a single picture and quote it multiple times, which has the same effect as a "huge block".

Back to it.

128766178970930557.jpg

Edited by Stophovr6
Somehow your entire post didn't answer my question specifically Jumbo :silly::cheers:

Yes it did. :)

Now here's how it reads in English (no smart ass intended)...

Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

the "or" separates the categories and the adjectives ("huge" and "block" in this case) modifies "text" and is left out of the next item...otherwise another adjective would have to be linked to "pictures" (like, say, "multiple") to properly modify it. :)

Common sense, non-formal grammar version: "Please do not sit on the yellow chairs or the stools." You don't (unless you really struggle with comprehension) sit on the stool and say "but it's not a yellow stool." :)

Obviously, the rule (as with some of our other rules) is there to guide against excessive abuse mainly, and not necessarily to be rigidly enforced 24-7-365. The problem with quoting huge blocks of text OR quoting pics has become rampant, hence the need for the notices. :)

Now, (and again speaking generally not to you personally) this has been way more work (as usual :D) than should be needed :silly: especially given the pay rate. ;)

Edited by Jumbo
Someone else pointed out that you can quote the post, then edit out the pic and the ltitle blue arrow will remain that directs the reader back to the quoted post, if you want to be fancy and helpful.
Holy mackeral. This is my fifth calendar year on here, and I never knew that little blue arrow was a link until now. :doh:

mth < ---------------- owned

The problem is 99, and I think this is what got them to start enforcing this rule...is that people quote the same pictures over and over. When there is a really funny picture, everyone wants to add their :2cents: and in doing so, take a single picture and quote it multiple times, which has the same effect as a "huge block".

Back to it.

As often the case, you are full of win. And so is #99 on a regualr basis. :cheers:

Edited by Jumbo
Holy mackeral. This is my fifth calendar year on here, and I never knew that little blue arrow was a link until now. :doh:

mth < ---------------- owned

Hey, Mark, welcome to the club. TK can spin many tales of how much I try to ignore all non-essential (to me) computer/internet "stuff" (like never having done a single photoshop :D ).

As often the case, you are full of win. And so is #99 on a regualr basis. :cheers:

Ummm....Jumbo....not to be a total pain in the arse....which comes pretty naturally, but how does your post not violate rule 11? I guess we're wondering just how close the refs are gonna call the game, is it the ticky-tack fouls, or the flagrant ones that are gonna get us called?

*edit!

LOL!!!!! Self pwnage.

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
Ummm....Jumbo....not to be a total pain in the arse....which comes pretty naturally, but how does your post not violate rule 11? I guess we're wondering just how close the refs are gonna call the game, is it the ticky-tack fouls, or the flagrant ones that are gonna get us called?

*edit!

LOL!!!!! Self pwnage.

Well, Mr. "Silly Rules" :D , one of the things I have long noted in the tailgate is that if the membership were as policing of themselves as they are of the mods there would be no mods.:silly:

Edited by Jumbo
Well, Mr. "Silly Rules" :D , one of the things I have long noted in the tailgate is that if the membership were as policing of themselves as they are of the mods there would be no mods.:silly:

You sure you're not in politics? Because you still didn't answer the question. ;) How close are we calling this game?