Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Shout to Ethan Albright

Bozman777

Albright's one of the best. Never screws up, which used to occur under the Norv watch.

But....

a) he's a vet. Every additional year, his base salary goes up. gotta think about the cap here in this decision.

B) he does nothing but long snap. If you could get a center or a second stringer on the OL or DL to become a consistent and good long snapper, would having the open position on gameday be worth it? Instead of having a roster spot filled with someone who only long snaps, you could have a second striger long sanp and have someone like McCants suited and able to play...

Gotta think about both of those...

Dumping him should only be done if an acceptable replacement is found.

If you were Molinara or Wilson wouldn't you have been trying to learn how to long snap? I would of... could be additional job security.

Originally posted by Bozman777

I believe since he hasnt resigned it is a hint we are gonna acquire a top quality center. Who we sign is anybody's guess but he has gotta play special teams to. I think its worth it to sign Ethan to a modest contract just for long snapping duties.

Regardless of whether we sign a top flight center, who the long snapper is doesn't matter. Most teams have a player designated just for this role. ;)

Originally posted by Montilar

Albright's one of the best. Never screws up, which used to occur under the Norv watch.

But....

a) he's a vet. Every additional year, his base salary goes up. gotta think about the cap here in this decision.

B) he does nothing but long snap. If you could get a center or a second stringer on the OL or DL to become a consistent and good long snapper, would having the open position on gameday be worth it? Instead of having a roster spot filled with someone who only long snaps, you could have a second striger long sanp and have someone like McCants suited and able to play...

Gotta think about both of those...

Dumping him should only be done if an acceptable replacement is found.

If you were Molinara or Wilson wouldn't you have been trying to learn how to long snap? I would of... could be additional job security.

a. his vet min actually goes down against the cap

b. every team has 1 player that only long snaps, like a kicker. they are that important.

Originally posted by Bozman777

Just wanted to say I hope he gets resigned. This guy is one hellava long snapper. Never hear his named mentioned which is a good thing. We both went to Grimsley high here in Greensboro. He was a monster tight end for us. Good luck resigning! :D

He'll get resigned, you just don't get rid of a consistant log snapper.. Doesn't happen

Originally posted by goskins

I never focused on him too much, but we haven't seen balls hit the ground, fly over heads on kicks/punts with him there.

Resign him- STs are always underrated but very important.

That's exactly why we need to keep him. We learned the importance a few years ago (well... the Giants did) of having a dedicated long-snap Center. The guy is solid as a rock in terms of performance. The fact that you never hear anything about him is a testament to his performance.

Nick

Archived