Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we traded Champ Bailey to Detroit..........

......I would personally punch Dan Snyder in his neck. Want to know somthing funny? My best friend is a Lion fan. Why? I don't know. He has never been to Detroit and they have always sucked . Anyways, he bet me $100 that they would draft Jammer at #3. I said they would take Harrington at #3. He said Harrington sucks. (BTW Az Hakim sucked when we were rumored to sign him, now he is the best WR in the league) He said Harrington was garbage and when we picked him we would only win 3 games. Now they draft Harrington and he is the best QB in the draft and his team will be solid next year. I asked him to define solid and he said 8-8. We went 8-8 last year and we sucked, infact in his book the Lions were better than us. Now I bring up this Champ trade in the Post and and he says that would never have happened. He said Harrington will be a Pro Bowler in two years. He also says Marty Morningwhig is an "offensive genuis" He also labeled Vince Tobin as a "defensive genuis" last year. Last year our defense "sucked" because Martys brother "sucked". Kurt Schottenheimer is now their defensive coordinator and is a "up and coming defensive genuis" I think Champ Bailey is better than Jammer. 32 NFL GM's would agree. Before the draft Jammer was the guy he thought his Lions would pick and now they have picked Harrington he will florish in there "proven" offensive system that netted the team two victories last season. His team offered us the trade and we turned it down. I am venting like this because WE ARE NOT ****ING GMS IN THIS LEAGUE! We are fans. We can agree and disagree with moves that are made by the Redskins but the managment group that runs our team will put us in the best scenario to compete and win in the NFL.

Dan Snyder has not had a losing season since he has bought the Redskins. Give him the credit he deserves. I am sick and tired of seeing people question our draft and question the moves we make on a daily basis. We are the Washington Redskins. We know what we are doing.

I think Champ is one of Snyder's favorite players and it would take a lot to get the Redskins to the point where his departure would ever be contemplated seriously.

Harrington to me is no better than the #4 or even #5 rated qb in a deep draft class such as 1983 or 1999.

No reason to sell the farm to acquire such a player.

Harrington could prove to be a very good quarterback, but there is hardly a consensus that he is going to be a can't miss performer in the NFL.

Not that I would have done the trade either, but just for the sake of argument...

We trade Champ and the 2nd rounder for the #3 overall. We wind up with Harrington at #3, and then because we don't trade the 18 to the Raiders, they cant move up to 17 and take Buchanon. So we wind up with Harrington and Buchanon in exchange for Champ and a 2nd rounder. AGAIN, I"M NOT SAYING WE SHOULD HAVE DONE IT! I'm just giving a possible scenario. Buchanon is a good cover corner, and would be helped by having Smoot and Darrell already on the team. If everyone had thought Harrington was the next coming of Brett Favre (which he's not, although he's got that 4th quarter thing down), something tells me that the Redskins brain trust would have considered it.

ONCE AGAIN. I'M NOT SAYING I WOULD HAVE DONE THE TRADE! It's just how I think it would have gone down.

Wow, a Lions fan. They must be as rare as Cardinal fans, or Bengal fans. However, I salute his ability to stick with his team, as inept as they are. I'd rather have him as a friend, then somebody who, say, jumps on the bandwagon of whoever is winning...

Originally posted by NavyDave

Champ for Buchanon?

I was thinking about that, too. If we HAD made the trade, we probably would've taken Buchanon, who might be a better cover-corner than Jammer (although not as complete an overall player). Harrington & Buchanon would've been a nice draft, too. But I'd be nervous about having two undersized CBs like Smoot & Buchanon.

Buchanon sometimes reminds me of Darrell Green with his playmaking ability. Other times he reminds me of Terrell Buckley, a guy with more ego than ability.

Archived