Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Evaluate and cut

Vegas-Born

Not too sure but I look forward to the continued process, and to see what decisions Joe makes in putting his stamp on the team.

To hear that report about them(coaching staff) putting in the long hours and ready to make decisions right away for the future of the team in very interesting. Look forward to the developments.

McCants will get cut, either now or after June 1st. We love him but the coaches must be done with him for reasons that we don't know.

Both centers will probably be gone.

Dockery won't be a starter next year.

Barrows will be cut.

Smoot won't get signed.

Chad Morton is history.

Originally posted by wskin44

McCants will get cut, either now or after June 1st. We love him but the coaches must be done with him for reasons that we don't know.

It has been posted time after time after time after time that the reason McCants doesn't get activated is because he's limited in what he does. The other backup receivers contribute on Special Teams. Darnerian doesn't. Where's the mystery?

Nick

gibbs said smoot was a "core redskin", i have to believe they will do what they can to resign him, i cant believe this board is turning on him when at the beginning of the year everyone was singing his praise...hopefully smoot wont price himself out of re-signing with us.

Originally posted by ShonyX

Barrow

Ray Brown

Freidmann

Franz

Wynn

Gardner

Morton

Ray Brown?? Are you kidding me? He might be old but he has been playing better than some of these linemen.. he has another year left keep him for depth reasons and he doesnt cost much anyway..

I think McCants' fate is tied to Gardner's. Once they've decided on what they will do with Gardner, which I hope is seeking a trade with someone, than Darnarian's picture becomes clearer.

The reason? Because McCants and Gardner's value is the same. Neither one play special teams... so that position, #2 opposite Coles, has to be filled by one or the other. If Gardner is traded, McCants can be penciled into that role and play receiver without having to play special teams.

Of course, the coaching staff may have decided that McCants just can't help them because he doesn't practice well or perhaps doesn't block well enough for Gibbs' offense.

Archived