Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Redskins Plays from 2000 on

GrimReaper21

3 actually.

1 Dan turks hit on Deion.

2 SD's stiff arm on Woodson

3. Lavar's career ending hit on Troy. I made a sig of it after all :)

oops just remembered a 4th....Brad Johnson's body slam of Porcher. Classic football amd made Brad one of my favorite tough guy qb's from then on....Tampa or no, he still b!tchslapped that huge DE. That has to haunt Porcher...think about it, he got worked by a friggin QB!

My favorite play was when Stephen Davis jumped over the purple cucumber, hopped aboard the magic carpet, and flew over the entire Yankee's outfield to cross the endzone, where he promptly tossed the severed head of Jim Henson into the cheering crowd. And then he turned into a bumble bee, thanks to the mysterious power of Tippy, the Turquoise Turtle and his Voodoo spells.

Or maybe I imagined that. I tend to drink heavily during football games.

Was that play in which Big Daddy intercepted a pass and rumbled (and I do mean rumbled) 85 yards for a TD against the Bears in 1999 or 2000? The years kind of blur together... I remember I got a large Dominos pizza for like $3 because the Redskins scored so much that day! Sigh...

lol, I remember that Craig. That was '99. Pizza was real cheap that year.

Not in any order:

1. Davis' stiff arm to Woodson! -a great ending to a rather slow game

2. Arrington's TD! -the crowd was so loud, where did they come from?

3. Deion's punt return against the Tampa! -I can't believe he made the list. That was a great game!!!! Tied with #1 for best games under Synder (playoff v. Detroit the other). His return made that game even sweeter.

4. LaVar's hit on Aikman! -what better team to end his career than the Skins. And what better person to do it than LaVar

Another one to add: last year, on about 3rd and 9, Kent Graham being tackled from his right, shifting the ball to his left hand and shovel-passing through a gap in the line to KJ Carter for a first down. (Was told this was the 2nd Cardinals game.) It was a critical situation, and the play helped win the game.

Geoff

Originally posted by The Dark Horse

How about the entire first half of the Giants/Redskins first meeting in 1999? We scored I think 38 points at the half, Davis went in for THREE touchdowns in the first quarter alone. There were also some beautiful deep pass plays.

I was thinking the same thing, and specifically that run from about 10 yards out when the entire Giant's D thought Davis had been stuffed, he bounces backwards out of Strahans mitts and runs in for the score...that marked the arrival of Davis to me and the beginning of the best season in the last 10 years. ...it wasn't 2000 onward, but whatever... technically that run against the Lions in the playoff game was in 2000.

1. The Big Daddy Rumblin, Bumblin, Stumblin TD with Darrell guarding his back.

2. Brian Mitchell's kickoff return for a TD against Tampa Bay for what I thought was the game-clinching TD.

3. Lavar's INT return

Honorable mention: The onside kick recovered by the kicker against the Rams (I forget who the kicker was that game)

All good plays gentlemen. Here are some more:

- Mitchell's pick of Banks in the end zone to seal the victory over Baltimore. Davis' long TD run int he same game was another highlight.

- The trick play against the G-men this past season was nice. Really kept the little bit of momentum we had built going.

- Kijana Carter's TD run against Philly. I knew right then we would win that game.

- Arrington's hit on Aikman.

Archived