Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I really hate our FO...

pr11fan

I see I received a large variety of responses so let me tackle a few real quick since I've been gone all night.

It is completely ridiculous to think that we should break the bank to resign players that are a product of our system.

Yeah, it makes much more sense for Snyder to give Brunell all that money and make Portis the highest paid back in the league at a time when he hadn't played a down for us.

I would rather do what's best for the team.

Then you should hope we get a real GM and stop acting like a kid in a candy store every March/April.

Portis is worth every penny he's making. 1300yds in this offense only proves he's an elite talent.

At what 3.9 ypc. You don't make someone the leagues highest paid back to get 3.9 ypc. But of course I forgot, he averaged 5.5 before this year IN DENVER!!

Our Front Office drafts well (Bailey, Lavar, Smoot, Taylor, etc)

Our FO drafts okay in the 1st couple of rounds, after that it goes to crap, courtesy of Cerato and our genius scouting department. :doh:

Our front office sucks big time, they are very good at marketing though.

Bingo, I get sick and tired of people saying how Danny wants to win, I'm sure so do the Bidwell's but at all costs? No to both of them, for the Bidwell's it's the dollar that is the snag for Danny it's tinkering with the organization even if only negotiating contracts, 43 million for brunell?? WTF??

yeah, let's give players whatever they want when it comes time to re-sign them.

Funny, we give them whatever they want when they come from elsewhere, yet we get real frugal when it comes to our "core guys".. :rolleyes:

where did the FO go wrong last year?

Portis averaged 1.6 ypc less than in Denver I'd consider that going wrong, especially considering we could've had Steven Jackson who would've been a better fit and out 2nd rnd pick, Brunell, extending D-Mac and putting him on inacitve all year, and to think this year had less eff ups than most out of our FO, just some really expensive ones. :doh:

Is it his fault that he works for a spend it all owner his entire career?

It's his fault that we can't find good players beyond round 2 in the draft, it's at least partially his fault we pay enormous contracts to players who are either past their prime or grossly overperformed, and never found cheap talent to perform well until G. Williams & Co. came here & picked out their defensive talent.

Put up or shut up...what would you give Smoot? I love Smoot and would like to keep him...but not at any price.

I'd offer him a little bit larger signing bonus than Winfield got in Minnesota, I believe he got 12 & change so I'd offer in the 13-14 range. Maybe we can't do that, but if we can't it's our FO dumbarse fault for overpaying for players who are either average or just aren't producing.

And thank you to Mittens & Rdsknfaithfull for seeing the light. It's nice to know I'm not the only one on this train.

Archived