Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I like Pollack over James

Newera

I know it's early. But watching both them today. I'd lean more towards Pollack. You kind of know what you got with him. I like Pollacks motor. The dude is relentless. I think Greg Willilams would also like his versatility.

However, top eight may a bit early to take him. If it came to someon like him or mike williams, I might have to go with williams because of his play making ability.

So DE of choics thus far is pollack. How did the dude from Boston College do the other day.

New Era

Kiwi was not double teamed at all. He was dominated most of the game by a lone UNC lineman. I hate it when people just post stats to prove their point. On most of the plays where Kiwi did well, was when UNC did not account for him and he came free. He often missed the qb on these attempts also.

Pollack is the better of the two DE's.

Originally posted by JWB

Kiwi was not double teamed at all. He was dominated most of the game by a lone UNC lineman. I hate it when people just post stats to prove their point. On most of the plays where Kiwi did well, was when UNC did not account for him and he came free. He often missed the qb on these attempts also.

Pollack is the better of the two DE's.

Agree, he missed two easy sacks and was getting DOMINATED on some plays.

Originally posted by method man

Pollack will suck at the pro level. every scout says this. he is a good collegiate player who is not fast enough at the pro level to get sacks

Is that why nearly every draft projection has him in the top 15, and EVERY draft projection has him in the 1st round? Because the scouts think he sucks?

Yeah right.

Since when do you need SPEED to get sacks? All you have to do is beat the OL trying to block you, or just knock him on his ass.

I swear, too many of you think 40 times are the end-all of everything. Remove head from ass, please.

Does anyone know what Pollack 40 time is? All I've seen on draft sites is projected times around 4.7 I don't think no one really knows.

Looking at a Mel Kiper 1996 guide..DE

Regan Upshaw is rated ahead of Simeon Rice..Upshaw ran a 4.58 while Rice ran a 4.69 and Tony Brackens ran a 4.73

So don't trust in those 40 times too much.:)

Pollack is 6-3, 270. Runs a 4.7 in the 40. And he dominates the SEC. Yet, he's either going to SUCK as a pro or be average? Come on.

Erasmus James is supposed to be all-world because of his size strength, and yet he's only an inch or two taller and is actually LIGHTER and SLOWER than David Pollack! Kiwanuka from Boston College is 6-7, but is actually LIGHTER than both James or Pollack, and he's supposed to be awesome?

What criteria are you all basing your not-so great opinions of Pollack on? Size/Strengh/Speed numbers? Because if you are, he actually beats some other guys that are supposed to be BETTER than him in those categories.

Just another example of a "myth" that gets spread around so many times, people begin to believe that its true.

All I need to know is that Pollack was the most dominant pass-rusher in the country this year, and has been feared as such for the past 3 seasons while playing in what is probably the toughest conference in the NCAA.

I have seen Kiwi live a few times and he makes plays. He also doesnt make plays.

In a game against Rutgers that I went to earlier this year the LT pretty much dominated Kiwi. If not for their LT getting 5-6 false start calls, Rutgers probably would have won that game. He had an INT returned for a TD when he switched to the right side and had a sack or 2 because of coverage. Not all that impressive. He is a freak as far as height and speed but needs some pounds on him if he is going to be a successful DE in the NFL.

Archived