Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Williams - Every thing you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

Originally posted by jtyler42

I think we may be the only ones on the board that see that if they are our stating WR's we will be in trouble...We will see Mike Williams shining for another team and the coulda-woulda-shoulda will start...

You are not the only ones.

For me I just think Williams is the best way to help the team as a whole in round 1.

I think the O-line definately needs to be addressed, but does not require a round one pick to shore up. Also the DE position should be addressed, but it simply does not offer the potential to change the team that a great possesion WR does. So, I think we should go for Williams in round one. If he is not there though, we should consider trading down. There are no other players who are worth more than the extra picks, and there are several DE's who appear about equal, giving us the option to trade down and be reasonably assured at least one of them will be there.

Whatever happens though, we need to improve this passing game to get anywhere next year. If we still have no passing game we will still not score many points, no matter how good the O-line is.

Originally posted by feeshta

For me I just think Williams is the best way to help the team as a whole in round 1.

I think the O-line definately needs to be addressed, but does not require a round one pick to shore up. Also the DE position should be addressed, but it simply does not offer the potential to change the team that a great possesion WR does. So, I think we should go for Williams in round one. If he is not there though, we should consider trading down. There are no other players who are worth more than the extra picks, and there are several DE's who appear about equal, giving us the option to trade down and be reasonably assured at least one of them will be there.

Whatever happens though, we need to improve this passing game to get anywhere next year. If we still have no passing game we will still not score many points, no matter how good the O-line is.

Brilliant! :cheers:

I hate to say it but i think we have to go with a wr in the draft. What we have right now is not cutting it. Mccants and jacobs dont prove themselves when the get in on plays and Gardner doesnt ever prove himself. He is terrible and only gets worse every season.

But i dont think either jacobs or mccants are second wr material.

Williams is an animal but after watching braylon edwards today i wouldnt mind getting him either.

Originally posted by feeshta

I see everyone's point, but I hear a lot of contradicting info on Williams.

I admit I wouldn't mind seeing Plaxico here next year.

The problem with taking Kiwi with the first pick is that he is not as highly rated prospect as Williams. I wouldn't have a problem picking a DE but there is just not one worthy of a high first round pick right now. Workouts and the combine may change that but right now Williams is the way to go.

Archived