Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lenny P: showing Pierce some Luv & Smoot tidbit

bubba9497

This year's Hall of Fame ballot featured Randy Gradishar of Denver and Harry Carson of the New York Giants, a couple of 3-4 inside linebackers whose credentials have in the past been deemed lacking by the selectors. And take a look at the inside linebackers chosen for this year's Pro Bowl game: Farrior and Lewis play in 3-4 fronts. Dan Morgan of Carolina and Philadelphia's Jeremiah Trotter are, indeed, true 4-3 middle linebackers, but the former missed four games with injuries and the latter didn't move into the starting lineup until mid-November.

The top 4-3 middle linebackers witnessed by these two eyes during 2004 -- London Fletcher of Buffalo, Antonio Pierce of Washington and New York Jets rookie Jonathan Vilma -- seemed to be afterthoughts. Pierce, who stepped in admirably for the Redskins when Micheal Barrow couldn't answer the bell, will be duly recognized next week when ESPN.com unveils its All-Pro team for the '04 season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1956353

Although there is at least one coach on the Washington staff who does not want Fred Smoot back in 2005, the Redskins may designate the standout cornerback a "franchise" player if a contract extension cannot be reached. ...

Originally posted by kappaluvacee

Lenny giving a Redskin props for his play on the field, that's incredible.

He has an unterior motive. Don't confuse this for kindness. He is trying to make Pierce think he deserves to be paid a probowler's salary so that he will stick it to us in contract negotiations.

so there's at least one coach on the skins staff that doesn't want Smoot back? who the fuk is that and what the hell is he thinking?

WTF? If we don't bring Smoot back we are just killing ourselves....we need solid corners if we ever hope to use the blitzes like we've been doing this past year in order to get decent pressure. our DL by itself is not good enough to get the pressure on.

See that last drive against the Cows?...Smoot wasn't out there...we couldn't blitz like we usually do because we had backups...and Vinny shoots them right down the field like he's Marino in his prime. Expect a lot more of that if we don't bring back Smoot or have at least two solid corners to rely on.

Originally posted by feeshta

He has an unterior motive. Don't confuse this for kindness. He is trying to make Pierce think he deserves to be paid a probowler's salary so that he will stick it to us in contract negotiations.

Another angle is that Lenny P thinks we won't be able to afford Pierce.

That way he can tell everyone how dumb the Skins were for not resigning him!

Ahhh, Lenny. You're a crafty one.

Another explanation is that he has no clue and is just pulling stuff out of his enormous butt.

Myself, I hope that Pierce and Smoot are the biggest focus this year in FA.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Although there is at least one coach on the Washington staff who does not want Fred Smoot back in 2005 ...

Lenny's made up many "facts" before, why would anyone trust what he says now? When he's proven wrong he either does the oops, bad source, not my fault thing or just ignores it altogether.

Originally posted by steveskins

Wow, I wonder who doesn't want Smoot back?

No one. Notice how Lenny doesn't provide a name of that so-called coach that doesn't want Smoot back?

Lenny got this big tip from some waiter serving him up some cheesy garlic bread a while ago. Apparently, the waiter said he didn't want Smoot back because he stiffed him on a tip. But, in the process of gorging his piehole during this Bacchanalian fete of all-you-can-eat finger foods, he mistook the waiter for Gregg Williams.

As we've known for some time, Lenny gets his stuff from other local reporters, mostly at the Washington Times. I'm SURE Lenny has this dead wrong. I'm also sure at least one coach, if not several, have postulated they'd rather start another corner over Smoot GIVEN the money it would require to sign Smoot. This is a practical statement you can make on almost any player on almost any team. You can almost always find someone in the organization who'd be of the mind that someone else for a tenth the price should start because of the cap.

Trust me when I say I know how Lenny writes and there's MORE to the context of this statement than Lenny is letting on. That's his way. He's only got so much time to type between spoonfuls.

Originally posted by goldenster95

No one. Notice how Lenny doesn't provide a name of that so-called coach that doesn't want Smoot back?

Lenny got this big tip from some waiter serving him up some cheesy garlic bread a while ago. Apparently, the waiter said he didn't want Smoot back because he stiffed him on a tip. But, in the process of gorging his piehole during this Bacchanalian fete of all-you-can-eat finger foods, he mistook the waiter for Gregg Williams.

Lenny wouldn't confirm a name because Lenny doesn't want to take his lie that far.

He knows he can't run that fast out of Redskins park.

Archived