Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallsux

Smoot's contract?

George Michael just said that Smoot wants a huge contract & a $10.5 mil. SB. Then he said that the Redskins OFFERED him $10.3 mil. They can't possibly be having trouble getting this thing signed because of $200,000, can they? Does anyone know the #'s they are talking?

In the end he will be signed. He is very important to this defense and Gibb's knows it. I thought he may get a 12 mil SB. I think what is holding us back from completing this deal is renegotiating Samuels contract.

I have also heard that Pierce has rejected 3 offers. However, I don't know how much he is asking.

Like Sprewell said he has to feed his family! :D

I think Pierce will be done shortly but Smoot I'm worried about....I say if it gets too deep into the off-season and we cant sign him we need to get what we can get for him and move on...We dont need Smoot causing a distraction....

It has to be base salary demands. he's not going to get what Champ got in those, so he should just forget that.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

It has to be base salary demands. he's not going to get what Champ got in those, so he should just forget that.

Well, I definately think that they should reward him with a good contract. When he (George Michael) said $10.5, I thought, "That's it?" I was totally stoked because I thought that was reasonable.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he is MORE worth Champ Bailey's contract than Champ Bailey was. So, I was expecting to hear $25 or $28 mil. SB. GM said that Fred Smoot ASKED for $10.5 & the Redskins OFFERED $10.3. Seems silly that they can't resolve that, if that is, in fact, what it is.