Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Problems starting early

SkinsForLife260

First I am confused about the Portis and the number thing. Is anyone worried about that? Well other than the money and his image there is nothing to worry about.

Secondly about Smoot and his contract, we drafted Smoot and he is one of the core redskin’s guys. He likes the Skins and we like him. I am worried about him because he is a player I enjoyed watching. He plays injured and tries really hard. He deserved to be in the pro-bowl but that is beside the point. I WANT TO KEEP SMOOT.

Now lets look at the flip side is he worth the money? I think he is. Just because we have a good defense, I do not want people to think we can plug anyone in there. There still needs to be talent.

RIGHT NOW is Kurt Warner better than Ramsey? Even if he is, he will not get to that level we think he is capable of without having playing time and knowing he is the starter. So know I don’t want to here about him.

These are just some of my redskin’s questions and I would like thoughtful answers.

By the way, Redskins are going to be very good next year. Playoffs will be there IF Ramsey plays the whole season.

OH YEA I almost forget Portis will have the best year of his young

nfl career.

at various points in their negotiations Jansen indicated he was not optimistic about returning. this is all part of jockeying for position with the media and getting the fans on the side of the player.

from today's interviews it now would appear to an outsider that the Skins are disrespecting Smoot by not doing enough to keep him.

meanwhile we don't know what offer is on the table.

if Smoot is asking for a $18 million bonus with front-loaded numbers in 2005 and 2006 then the Skins are within reason in resisting giving in to these initial demands.

At the same time, because the Redskins have indeed pissed so much money on free agents in the past the team is an easy mark for every guy whose contract is up.

Everyone expects big dollars.

In Pittsburgh they don't hand out big dollars to everybody. They let some guys walk and convince others to accept less money to stay.

They are able to do this because the players know the Steelers don't have the money to lay outrageous bonuses on the table and take offers at face value.

Like it or not, Snyder and Cerrato have a big sucker sign on the door at Redskins Park and it is going to take a couple of years of sane, conservative cap management and VALUE PLAYER PERSONNEL MOVES for the team to lose this tag.

Until then, expect our free agents to hold us up for every penny.

They see what we give to guys like Chad Morton, Mark Brunell who barely make a contribution................

Originally posted by bulldog

at various points in their negotiations Jansen indicated he was not optimistic about returning. this is all part of jockeying for position with the media and getting the fans on the side of the player.

from today's interviews it now would appear to an outsider that the Skins are disrespecting Smoot by not doing enough to keep him.

if Smoot is asking for a $18 million bonus with front-loaded numbers in 2005 and 2006 then the Skins are within reason in resisting giving in to these initial demands.

At the same time, because the Redskins have indeed pissed so much money on free agents in the past the team is an easy mark for every guy whose contract is up.

In Pittsburgh they don't hand out big dollars to everybody. They let some guys walk and convince others to accept less money to stay.

They are able to do this because the players know the Steelers don't have the money to lay outrageous bonuses on the table and take offers at face value.

Like it or not, Snyder and Cerrato have a big sucker sign on the door at Redskins Park and it is going to take a couple of years of sane, conservative cap management and VALUE PLAYER PERSONNEL MOVES for the team to lose this tag.

They see what we give to guys like Chad Morton, Mark Brunell who barely make a contribution................

Welcome back, bulldog.:)

BTW, what do you think of Ramsey?:laugh:

Originally posted by bulldog

The truth sucks!

The truth sucks!

Originally posted by SkinsForLife260

RIGHT NOW is Kurt Warner better than Ramsey? Even if he is, he will not get to that level we think he is capable of without having playing time and knowing he is the starter. So know I don’t want to here about him.

Hmmm... Good question. They are virtually the same animal at this point. Decent passers, limited mobility, hold the ball too long. Kurt has more touch on long passes, but Ramsey has more of a laser for the intermediate stuff. I bet their production in this offense would be virtually identical.

Originally posted by SkinsForLife260

Warner under pressure <<<<<<<<<<<<< Ramsey under pressure

We will get pressure with our O-Line.

Archived