Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot on Comcast!

afparent

Smoot won the BJ Blanchard award for being media friendly

Gibbs said they are at a stalemate in contract negotations with Smoot

Smoot said the Dalls game could have been his last game as a redskin

says he wants to be here but champ told him it is all about the front office wanting him

Originally posted by d0ublestr0ker0ll

He doesn't know what's up with his contract????

I thought they were working on that thing early in the year!

We should picket in front of the offices for Smooty. This sux!:doh:

Count me out. He's generously paid, theres no doubt the Redskins have already put another very generous contract offer on the table. My message to Smoot? You don't want to be a Redskin? Its all about the money? Good luck on your new team.

If he's listening to Roland, thats a very very bad sign.

Originally posted by Tarhog

Count me out. He's generously paid, theres no doubt the Redskins have already put another very generous contract offer on the table. My message to Smoot? You don't want to be a Redskin? Its all about the money? Good luck on your new team.

If he's listening to Roland, thats a very very bad sign.

Hmm, how much does he make? He SHOULD get a little boost on his contract if we want to keep him. Don't the hard workers deserve a raise in any job? I want to see how much we offered him before I make any judgements. All I know is that he likes the fans and the city, he's the only one we make a different cheer than "yay" for. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

He's earned that cheer alot this year. :logo:

Originally posted by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Hmm, how much does he make? He SHOULD get a little boost on his contract if we want to keep him. Don't the hard workers deserve a raise in any job? I want to see how much we offered him before I make any judgements. All I know is that he likes the fans and the city, he's the only one we make a different cheer than "yay" for. SMOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

He's earned that cheer alot this year. :logo:

I seriously doubt that we're offering something stingy. - I'd perfer we don't let ourselves getted robbed like Denver

I don't know the details of his current contract, but it stands to reason that as (arguably) our #1 corner, and the fact that he's liked and respected by the staff and owner, that they've made a generous offer. I doubt seriously they'd like to see him leave and have to start over at corner.

If its all about the money, that fine. But don't tell me how 'sad' you are that it won't work out.

'Its never about the player, its always about the front office'????

Hey Fred. You're not the only contract the Skins have to worry about. Get it? Therefore, it IS about the player AND the front office. The NFL player as 'victim' of the big bad rich front office routine gets really old.

Dan Snyder can't win. When he's not being accused of throwing money all over the country to lure washed-up vets, he's being accused of being a tight-wad unwilling to reward those that deserve it.

I think Smoot handled himself very well throughout his contract, which is hard to say about guys like Portis, Taylor among others. I'm not saying that those guys were wrong for doing that because, if I performed on a high level you better believe I would have wanted to get compensated for it as well. With that being said I think Smoot deserves a very nice contract (not outrages though) based on his play & leadership throughout his Redskin tenure. My:2cents:

Maybe I am just being biased here but Fred...where you gonna go that shows you the love like we do? Who will appreciate everything you have done as much as we do? Nobody!! They will always look at you because of the money you are getting paid. We know the kind of player you are in and out. You belong here. The team that took a chance on you when others did not. You had character flaws they said. The Skins drafted you. Believed in you. You learned the game from DG. This is the team that you lead right now!!! You have seniority here. You want to start over again? New team, new city, new fans, new players... You will totally lose what YOU have built here in Washington. The fans, the media, the RESPECT? Please... I am sure that the offer cannot be so bad that you think you can't be a Redskin.... Tell me it ain't so :doh:

Originally posted by shippy1973

Maybe I am just being biased here but Fred...where you gonna go that shows you the love like we do? Who will appreciate everything you have done as much as we do? Nobody!! They will always look at you because of the money you are getting paid. We know the kind of player you are in and out. You belong here. The team that took a chance on you when others did not. You had character flaws they said. The Skins drafted you. Believed in you. You learned the game from DG. This is the team that you lead right now!!! You have seniority here. You want to start over again? New team, new city, new fans, new players... You will totally lose what YOU have built here in Washington. The fans, the media, the RESPECT? Please... I am sure that the offer cannot be so bad that you think you can't be a Redskin.... Tell me it ain't so :doh:

The time of team loyalty is over, friend. The salary cap made sure of that.

Archived