Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impact Player

Gibbs4Life

I think you guys are wrong when you say anyone in the draft can be hit or miss. In some cases you might be right, but there are some people you can just look at and tell they will be playmakers.

If you ever watched peppers at UNC you could just tell he was going to be special. If you watched Vick at VT you could tell he was going to be special. And when i saw sean taylor at Miami i knew he was going to be special. Examples of some now are Adrian Peterson and reggie bush, they are going to be playmakers in the nfl soon too.

Im telling you guys right now when i saw mike williams last season at USC i saw that he was going to be an impact player on someones team. There is a reason why he was going in the top ten last season. he can be that type of impact player we need on offense. Being out for a year doesnt change that playmaker ability.

Look at Mike Vick he was out with an injury last season, thats like being out for a year. Did that impair his game, no. Mike williams will still be the best player in this draft. and we need him.

But will settle for heath miller or elton brown.

Mike Vick was out, but he wasn't developing physically into an NFL QB. He has all the tools he will ever need. Mike Williams missing a year means he missed a chance to speed train to run past WR's and improve his hands. It will stunt his growth anyway you put it.

Originally posted by Gibbs4Life

I think you guys are wrong when you say anyone in the draft can be hit or miss.

Anyone in the draft can be hit or miss. You dont know if it because they are a great player, a product of a system, a product of hype or a product of playing with other great players. There is no such thing as a safe pick.

Originally posted by D'Pablo

Mike Vick was out, but he wasn't developing physically into an NFL QB. He has all the tools he will ever need. Mike Williams missing a year means he missed a chance to speed train to run past WR's and improve his hands. It will stunt his growth anyway you put it.

And just exactly how did he miss a chance to speed train and improve his hands? Your argument is bogus, I'm sorry.

He has been doing little other than training from what I have heard, and his hands were already better than the vast majority of NFL receivers. Also how is his case any different than Vick's? If anything it's a better scenario. He has all the time in the world to work on physical conditioning, something Vick never had time to do because he was injured. He also seems to have been born with all the tools a WR needs just like Vick was. He came in his true freshman year and dominated. So your argument is simply unfounded.

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

Mike Williams could help our offense and he's better then most of the recievers on our team. I'm bias when it comes to USC players but Big Mike can play and will help whoever drafts him IMHO.

There isn't a reciever on our team that is near Mike Williams class.

Mike Williams is what we need for this O....Why people dont like him I dont know, all he did in college is make plays....He actually made plays...He isnt one of those potential players that hasnt done anything but has good measureables...Again people he has actually made plays...

Originally posted by jtyler42

Mike Williams is what we need for this O....Why people dont like him I dont know, all he did in college is make plays....He actually made plays...He isnt one of those potential players that hasnt done anything but has good measureables...Again people he has actually made plays...

Williams reminds me a lot of Keyshawn. Both are big and tall but not necessarily that fast. Williams is able to get away with the lack of speed in college, but I want to see if he can do it against NFL talent. If so, then he is definately worthy of a high pick.

Originally posted by The X-Factor

Williams reminds me a lot of Keyshawn. Both are big and tall but not necessarily that fast. Williams is able to get away with the lack of speed in college, but I want to see if he can do it against NFL talent. If so, then he is definately worthy of a high pick.

Again with the damn Keyshawn comparisons. :doh:

Physically they are similar, yes. But Keyshawn has not been limited by his physical ability in the pros. He certainly seemed to be effective against us last week. It's his atitude that has cost him, and Williams has not displayed any of that type of attitude, in fact much the opposite.

Doing well as a receiver is as much, or probably evern more, about trust from your QB as it is physical ability. A receiver who has all the skills in the world but is not reliable(or as in Keyshawn's case is a total a**hole) will not have the ball thrown his way as often as a guy who is reliable and likeable.

In his two years in college Williams proved to be both reliable and likeable. All of his teamates loved him, and especially his QB's. There is no further comparison to Keyshawn if you ask me. He is taller, jumps higher, has better hands, and is better running after the catch than Keyshawn ever was, and he is a nice guy, which however overrated these days still counts for something. Especially when it comes to a QB deciding who he wants to throw to.

There really is no argument against the fact that the draft is indeed a crap shoot.... as many players as you named supposed "special" players that panned out, I can name some guys who sucked hard and never amounted to anything...

Ryan Leaf:laugh:

Candidate was a 1st rounder:doh:

Tim Couch, hell even Ricky Williams IMO is on the BUST list....

the list goes on......

Archived