Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Last (I Hope) KWII poll

Riggo-toni

Despite, by Gibbs' own admission, being underused this year, Cooley by all accounts had a terrific rookie season. Will he succumb to the sophomore jinx, a la Chris Chambers? I hope not. Just think, we got both Sean Taylor and the top scoring rookie TE in the draft ;) (And you guys thought it would be either/or :silly: )

Winslow.

We should have more weapons that will legitimately threaten the end zone consistently, where as the Browns will most likely suck again, and do a Kansas City and try and use the TE as their go-to guy.

Winslow is a muccccccccch better physical specimen, and is a great red zone target (like Gonzalez, or Gates). The only hesitation here is because he plays for the Browns!

KWII, unless his injury hurts more than expected, KWII should have a better season, he just has more athleticism, and will probably be the Browns goto guy. Here, we have Cooley, but Coles, Jacobs?, Gardner(hopefully not), Portis are also in the mix.

I believe Cooley will have a breakout season, but KWII would probably have more td's.

Originally posted by mookie0720

Winslow. People tend to forget just how good this guy actually is.

Shockey had more hype then Winslow, and look at him. Winslow has alot of aggression, but Cooley is an all-around tight end. He will do anything you ask him and he'll give you 100% with a level-headedness to boot. I choose Cooley for the long run.

Originally posted by Warhead36

Cooley. Winslow is essentially a rookie next year and nobody knows who their QB will be in Cleveland....

Exactly, Cooley has already shown what he can do against double teams and teams gearing up to stop him...Plus I think Cooley is the smarter player....

Originally posted by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Shockey had more hype then Winslow, and look at him. Winslow has alot of aggression, but Cooley is an all-around tight end. He will do anything you ask him and he'll give you 100% with a level-headedness to boot. I choose Cooley for the long run.

All around TE? We're talking about a pass catcher here. KWII will be used more like Gates/Gonzalez which will allow him more catches/TD/yards.

Originally posted by steveskins

Seriously guys, you are absolute Homers if you really think Cooley is better than Winslow.

Well we've seen both of them for 1 year, and Winslow has already been hurt. I don't particularly prefer his arrogance either. Cooley stepped up and suprised us this year, and plays with a passion for this team. I'll take Cooley.

Winslow might be bigger and stronger, and he's probably built better than Chris...but what does that get you? Maybe a broken tackle or two. Remember, football is more brains than brawn - especially on offense. And Cooley is a smart kid with heart; who wouldn't take Cooley as one of their tight ends? I think "Homers" is ridiculous. You talk like he sucks or something.

Originally posted by steveskins

Seriously guys, you are absolute Homers if you really think Cooley is better than Winslow.

Well, the question isn't about who's better but who's gonna score more TD's. In this year already Ramsey has shown that he favors going to Cooley in the endzone which has given him 5 TD's in his rookie year which ties him with Gardner for recieving TD's. I certainly think it's reasonable that he will continue to improve and be an even bigger target around the endzone.

What I don't think is being said is that anyone honestly thinks that Cooley will be a better player overall. Cooley will make his plays and those so far tend to be the TD type. ;)

Archived