Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Films shuns the Skins?

Larry Brown #43

I recently noticed that NFL Films has just produced a series of DVDs titled "Philadelphia Eagles: The Complete History," "New York Giants: The Complete History," and "Dallas Cowboys: The Complete History," but NO such DVD for our Skins.

Granted, we suck right now, but you could make the argument that we are the most storied franchise in our division. How could we be the only team in our division not to have one of these DVDs made?

I'm wondering if anyone here knows anything about what happened. Did the Skins just not agree to participate with NFL Films on the project? Or did NFL Films just screw us over? It's a crime that a team that's won 3 Super Bowls and 2 pre-merger NFL Championships would get snubbed like that...unless of course there's a logical explanation.

I love NFL Films, but this really pisses me off. All we have left is our past...and now they're trying to take THAT away from us! :doh:

I went to the page where they sell these videos, and you are right, they don't have a set for the Redskins.

http://www.warnervideo.com/profootballdvd/video.html

They don't have many teams, but they do have the Packers, Raiders, and the teams you mentioned. Basically, teams with "rabid fanbase" seemed to have been considered, so gods know why they didn't choose the Redskins. But I guess they have to pick their choices for their production based upon certain criteria. And the lack of the Redskins in the playoffs had something to do with it, I would figure.

BUT, you can go to this page and offer your comments - I would suggest that everyone offer a comment asking WHY they don't have a Redskins DVD set, and to commend they produce a 'Complete History" for the Redskins.

http://www.warnervideo.com/profootballdvd/comments.html

They don't have anything we can actually purchase from that store, so what they have done in the past is moot. If they are going to start with the traditional teams, than the Redskins are worthy of that respect, inspite of our current record. After all, Redskins merchandise still outsells most teams in that respect.

Originally posted by Hoods

You forgot the Cowboys are in your division.

I said you could make the ARGUMENT that we are the most storied franchise in the division. I didn't say that we clearly ARE the most storied. Sorry, I should have been more considerate and kept my discourse to a 3rd grade reading level, seeing as how some Cowboy fans might be reading this.

Originally posted by KBNJ

Unfortunately, they will prolly not devote anymore production to us until we win again.

Don't forget, the Giants aren't exactly lighting the league on fire either...yet they got a DVD.

Originally posted by Renegade7

Never seen any of his post so I didn't know he was a troll, but even then he has a point.

Take a look:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=87686&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

My personal favorite: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Hoods

Gibbs thinking to himself: "I'm too much of a girl to look at him in the face."

Never seen any of his post so I didn't know he was a troll, but even then he has a point.

I'm not exactly sure why you feel the need to defend a Cowboy troll, but I don't appreciate it. If you want to talk about the Cowboys, go to one of their web sites. The point of this thread is that the Redskins have so far been excluded, not whether or not the Cowboys should be included.

Zeb, I thank you for posting that, but I don't care what he posted in other threads. He made a valid point in this one. I'm not going to react to everything these trolls try to do to and piss me off. I just don't work like that. :no:

Originally posted by skinsnatsfan

I'm not exactly sure why you feel the need to defend a Cowboy troll, but I don't appreciate it. If you want to talk about the Cowboys, go to one of their web sites. The point of this thread is that the Redskins have so far been excluded, not whether or not the Cowboys should be included.

Move on, that's the moral of the story...

Zeb, I thank you for posting that, but I don't care what he posted in other threads. He made a valid point in this one. I'm not going to react to everything these trolls try to do to and piss me off. I just don't work like that. :no:

That makes sense. Now take it a step further and keep yourself from reacting against Redskins fans that respond to the trolls.

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

I said you could make the ARGUMENT that we are the most storied franchise in the division. I didn't say that we clearly ARE the most storied. Sorry, I should have been more considerate and kept my discourse to a 3rd grade reading level, seeing as how some Cowboy fans might be reading this.

The ones that CAN read anyway. :laugh:

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived