Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deja Vu in Denver?

ArmchairRedskin

Broncos: Droughns hires Portis' agent

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

News

Broncos running back Reuben Droughns has hired new representation, fueling speculation that he will seek a new contract after his breakout 1,000-yard season. According to the Denver Post, Droughns hired Drew Rosenhaus, the same agent that former Broncos runner Clinton Portis employed to seek a new deal last summer, a move that resulted in the blockbuster trade that sent Portis to the Redskins.

Views

Droughns has two seasons left on his contract. With Tatum Bell, Quentin Griffin, and Mike Anderson all in the mix, we don't expect the Broncos to budge all that much. After all, this is an organization that has shown little loyalty to 1,000-yard rushers in the past (see Gary, Olandis). Once again, it appears the Broncos backfield will be one to watch closely in the offseason.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=fanball-broncosdroughnshires&prov=fanball&type=lgns

:laugh:

Originally posted by Bronco LB 52

What are you laughing at idiot?

There's not one Bronco fan that is concerned about Droughns going for the big payday because Tatum Bell is going to be the Broncos' starter in 2005.

A little uptight are we? Good grief. Bell will be your starter if he can stay healthy. Last time I checked he was hurt an awful lot last year.

There's not one Bronco fan that is concerned about Droughns going for the big payday because Tatum Bell is going to be the Broncos' starter in 2005.

Settle down there, jackass. If true, the situation is humorous regardless of how it turns out for the Broncos.

:laugh:

Tatum "can't stay healthy and hasn't done a thing all year" Bell? You keep telling yourself that.

This post wasn't even a knock on the Broncos. I just thought the situation was funny because it's nearly identical to Portis last year. Get a clue.

Btw: thanks for responding, I was feeling a little bad cuz no one posted anything in here before this. You cheered me up little feller ! :cool:

the article was a legit thing from fanball first of all. Also, realize the battle between who got the better end of the trade still goes on, and I think to most people there was no clear winner, just a draw that helped both teams.

The situation is humorous cause it is similar to last season.

Originally posted by Mittens

I look at the Broncos who were in the playoffs last year, but miss them this year, but they supposidly added the "key ingrediant" (Bailey), but yet fail to make it.

Hmmm, maybe Portis is better then Denver thought, huh?

Miss them this season?

The Broncos win this Sunday and they are in.

This is coming from a fan whose team has missed the postseason 11 times in the last 12 years.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

beat it!

Miss them this season?

The Broncos win this Sunday and they are in.

This is coming from a fan whose team has missed the postseason 11 times in the last 12 years.

Your team is fluke. Atleast we know we're a bad team. You'll lose to the Colts even if they pull their starting offense in the second half. You have a defense equal to that of Minnesota and Seattle.

Even if you do somehow beat the Colts next week (cause they will sit some players), you'll just get punished by them in the playoffs.

Archived