Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2005 Unsung Free Agents: 3 Skins on List

SkinsNut73

Originally posted by soljaofjesus

so if we get a guard... are yall saying dockerry should sit on the bench? I thought bugel likes dockery, and will continue to develop him as a player. We all lknow we don't want Randy Thomas to sit out .. sooooo. what exactly are yall saying

Dockery is a canidate to stay on the team as a back-up. Bugel's praises were earlier in the year. Dockery may be one of those guys better suited to develop from a 2nd stringer spot.

a new and more physical LG, C and Jansen back, the O-line should be in great shape.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

What I would like you to do is go do some research on what you just said, instead of just talking smack off the top of your head, and come report back to us about what complete untrue and ridiculous garbage you just posted.

Thank you in advance.

From the NFLPA, the combined cap figures of those players(base salary plus pro-rated bonus charge):

McNabb: 6 million+performance bonuses

Tra Thomas: 5.55 million+performance bonuses

Owens: 7 million +performance bonuses

Runyan: 7.55 million+performance bonuses

Kearse: 8 million+performance bonuses.

34.1 million before performance bonuses(which count againt the cap).

You're welcome. Now be quiet.

Your main contention was what I disagreed with...that the Eagles will be in any sort of cap trouble in 2006.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/6482777

Those are the 2005 numbers I gave. The 2007 numbers are higher, but the 2006 numbers is low because TO's contract dips and none of the major contracts go up significantly.

2007: you remove Runyan's contract and move everyone else's(TO, Kearse, McNabb, Tra Thomas) contract up by about 2-3 million.

You need to re-read that article. The Eagles have 18 players under contract in 2006, and have 36 million to pay 35 players. And they have 34 free agents to be going into next season. That's more than half the team! Pat Kirwin is assuming a whole lot: mostly that no-one gets any new big contracts. As long as they let people like Lito Sheppard, Brian Dawkins, Simon, Hank Fraley, Brian Westbrook etc etc go and replace them, then they won't have any cap problems. But one more big contract and they have to make hard decisions.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

Those are the 2005 numbers I gave. The 2007 numbers are higher, but the 2006 numbers is low because TO's contract dips and none of the major contracts go up significantly.

2007: you remove Runyan's contract and move everyone else's(TO, Kearse, McNabb, Tra Thomas) contract up by about 2-3 million.

You need to re-read that article. The Eagles have 18 players under contract in 2006, and have 36 million to pay 35 players. And they have 34 free agents to be going into next season. That's more than half the team! Pat Kirwin is assuming a whole lot: mostly that no-one gets any new big contracts. As long as they let people like Lito Sheppard, Brian Dawkins, Simon, Hank Fraley, Brian Westbrook etc etc go and replace them, then they won't have any cap problems. But one more big contract and they have to make hard decisions.

Yes and the article clearly states that they have more players signed for less money then most teams. You sort of baited and switched picking out 2006 early in the thread and then when Westbrook called you on it you went to 2007.

God, I'm defending Eagle fans. But since most people are ignorant about our cap situation, we should try to be more open to theirs.

BTW, in 2006 the Redskins will have 33 players with a cap number of $103M. So that's 15 more players than, but about negitive $44M difference in cap $$$. I'm assuming a $95M Cap in 2006, so Philly is $36M under and we're $8M over = $44M. Of course, they'll cut a few this offseason (Samuels $11M) which will effect that number, but you get the idea.

In 2007 18 players and $72M.

Now i'm not predicting doom and gloom for the Skins because I know the Skins can and will do things to head off this problem, but the Eagles will also have some remedy's. I'm just putting perspective on it.

The one thing that will help the Skins is they can use Lito's contract as a basis....it is a pretty friendly deal for management.

Also, no way Pierce gets 5 million a year. No MLB is worth that much.

Unless we're talking about the skins signing Trotter. :puke: :doh:

Originally posted by ummagumma

Yes and the article clearly states that they have more players signed for less money then most teams. You sort of baited and switched picking out 2006 early in the thread and then when Westbrook called you on it you went to 2007.

no, I said "by 2006" and gave figures for both 2005(the list I gave) and 2007. So, no I didn't bait and switch. The article clearly states what I said, all I did was to quote the article. The Eagles will have 34 out of 53 players heading into Free Agency next season. And in 2006, they will have 36 million to fill 35 roster spots. Get your facts straight.

Originally posted by Akhhorus

The Eagles will have 34 out of 53 players heading into Free Agency next season. Get your facts straight.

What are you talking about? Philadelphia doesn't have 19 players left scheduled to play next year. In fact, as they have off the top of my head:

QB- McNabb, Detmer

RB- Westbrook RFA, Tapeh

WR- Owens, Pinkston, Mitchell, Lewis, McMullen

OLine- Andrews, Runyan, Thomas, Fraley, Hicks

TE- Smith, Bartrum

DLine- Kearse, Walker, McDougle, Thomas, Rayburn, Green

LB- Wayne, Simoneau, Jones

DB- Sheppard, Brown, Lewis, Dawkins, Reed, Mikell, Wynn

K- Akers

P- Johnson

They have at least 34 players signed to multi-year deals, and that is with me not researching the backup OLine/other position extended deals.

What you wrote makes no sense.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

What are you talking about? Philadelphia doesn't have 19 players left scheduled to play next year. In fact, as they have off the top of my head:

QB- McNabb, Detmer

RB- Westbrook RFA, Tapeh

WR- Owens, Pinkston, Mitchell, Lewis, McMullen

OLine- Andrews, Runyan, Thomas, Fraley, Hicks

TE- Smith, Bartrum

DLine- Kearse, Walker, McDougle, Thomas, Rayburn, Green

LB- Wayne, Simoneau, Jones

DB- Sheppard, Brown, Lewis, Dawkins, Reed, Mikell, Wynn

K- Akers

P- Johnson

They have at least 34 players signed to multi-year deals, and that is with me not researching the backup OLine/other position extended deals.

What you wrote makes no sense.

you misread: what I mean is that the 2005 Eagles will have 34 players that will be FAs after the season(the 2005 season). Which is what the article from Pat Kirwin says.

They have far more than 19 people signed for '06. That's the point.

A Redskins fan questioning Eagles cap management. The irony. :)

For all the sh!t sportswriters try to give Snyder about his cap "mismanagement" I have yet to see all these tons and tons of players needing to be released in order to save cap space and in the process hurting out team. The most notorious cut we made thus far was probably Trotter, and well that seemed to work out just fine for us. A lot of the cap stuff has to do with how contracts are put together, not just the bottomline dollar amount.

The Buzzards have been excellent managing the cap. They've done better then just about anyone, while remaining near the top. They can't be criticized in this area.

If anyone is going to criticize them, it would only be in the area that they haven't done enough to sign star free agents to push them over the top. The exception being this year with Kearse and T.O.

They have far more than 19 people signed for '06. That's the point.

A Redskins fan questioning Eagles cap management. The irony. :)

I've yet to see the cap hell the skins have been despite all the "massive" contracts Snyder hands out. In 2000, they said it was coming in 2002 and so on and so forth. Please tell me Eagles fan, when's it gonna happen, because it never seems to.

Originally posted by NoCalMike

For all the sh!t sportswriters try to give Snyder about his cap "mismanagement" I have yet to see all these tons and tons of players needing to be released in order to save cap space and in the process hurting out team. The most notorious cut we made thus far was probably Trotter, and well that seemed to work out just fine for us. A lot of the cap stuff has to do with how contracts are put together, not just the bottomline dollar amount.

I agree with your point but cede the point that you have a situation on your hands concerning Samuels which is cap related and is very precarious at this time.

Archived