Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Clinton Portis Evaluation

Saint Joe

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Through 15 games Bubba? Which Westbrook sat out two complete games?

Post the glasses again! That's hilarious!!!

No, it's not homerish to think the Eagles would want the best pass catching back in the NFL since they employ the WCO. It's not homerish to think they don't want to tie 50 million dollars into a back that puts up slightly better than average numbers and when things aren't going well, accuses the other team(s) of knowing their plays and also tries to seperate himself from the team by changing his uniform. Westbrook is leaps and bounds better as a team player and unselfish warrior.

7950c145.jpg

eagles have played 15 games correct? total yards means TOTAL yards not in only certain games.... so we can elimat the game Portis got very few carries?

an Ulitimate weapon should play in all games to be considered a true weapon don't you think? hard to do damage siting in the training room :laugh:

7950c145.jpg

I forgot. Every Skins problem this year will be attributed to the Offensive Line. If you guys like one thing, I'd say it is a good scape goat. You can just never understand why you don't win so you must find someone to take the blame.

Earlier this year it was Brunnell but since your offense sucks with him out, it's time to point the finger at the O Line. Surely can't point the finger at the HOF coach or the 50 million dollar RB. To do that would be paramount to admitting a huge blunder and we know the Skins don't make huge blunders, record be damned.

Just like how all your offensive players have been given a free pass the last two years on here because well, Spurrier and his wacky systems ruined them. Now, they still suck this year but it's because of the O Line which we will repeat to nauseum and because it's Gibbs first year implementing his system.

Lest we forget that the Bills are averaging FORTY POINTS a game over their last 6 games with a brand new offensive system. That is irrelevant.

Oh ok.

I can play that too.

Last year's NFC Championship game - Westbrook didn't play

the year before, I forget, the year before, I forget.

Eagles fans,

The Point of this thread was, was trading Champ for Portis worth it?

Answer - yes.

your argument is that Portis is a failure because he ONLY got 1300 yards rushing, then you change the argument to stats of YPC and rushing TD's, then you change the argument to Westbrook has more receiving TD's, then you change the argument about Portis' socks. Then you change the argument to total yards. - You just want to argue. I guess that's why Eagles fans spend so much time on a Redskins site.

Instead of just dodging everything by responding with a different argument, the point has been proven.

The Eagles are successful this year because of being successful in the area of offensive line, passing and rushing.

The Redskins are NOT successful in the area of offensive line, NOT successful in passing, yet Portis still has 1300 yards rushing.

Henry, I truely respect your opinion because you have the honestly to say things how they are. It's my opinion that most people will say everything is ok, bury their heads in the sand, and make Raymer the scapegoat for the lack of offensive production this year.

I could be wrong but by judging the posts this week, I wouldn't say I'm too far off.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

your opinion is the least credible of any eagle fan that posts here regularly, besides jakehunters

7950c145.jpg

because they fit you so well

The Westbrook to Portis comparisons have to stop. Westbrook has had the success he had this year because of TO. Once the playoffs start, and teams can focus on Westbrook because of the lack of a serious pass threat (sound familiar?) he will be shut down. There is no way he can average 20-25 carries a game and still produce the same YPC. I guarantee you that. Stinky and Mitchell would have to seriously step up their game for Westbrook not to be shut down. McNabb will be the leading rusher on the team through the playoffs. He'll probably rush for more TD's as well.

Originally posted by Saint Joe

Clinton rushed for 1315 with a 3.8 yards per carry average. Did we need to trade the best cornerback in the league along with a second round pick to get a 3.8 yards per carry back? 3.8 yards per carry by the highest-paid running back in league history. Couldn't we have gotten the 3.8 average from Ladell Betts?

Is his career over? Has Clinton Portis announced that after 3 seasons in the NFL, he's ready to retire? If no is the answer to either of those questions, than this meeting is adjourned!

Originally posted by ArmchairRedskin

The Westbrook to Portis comparisons have to stop. Westbrook has had the success he had this year because of TO. Once the playoffs start, and teams can focus on Westbrook because of the lack of a serious pass threat (sound familiar?) he will be shut down. There is no way he can average 20-25 carries a game and still produce the same YPC. I guarantee you that. Stinky and Mitchell would have to seriously step up their game for Westbrook not to be shut down. McNabb will be the leading rusher on the team through the playoffs. He'll probably rush for more TD's as well.

As opposed to last year when he had an even better year?

Cool, I totally just blew up that argument pretty quickly.

You don't get it. HE WILL BE THE FEATURE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS. DEFENSES WILL GAME PLAN EXCLUSIVELY TO STOP HIM. Get it?

Stop trying. You might as well be talking to a wall. He doesn't get it because he is nothing more than a troll.

:troll: :eaglesuck

You don't get it. HE WILL BE THE FEATURE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS. DEFENSES WILL GAME PLAN EXCLUSIVELY TO STOP HIM. Get it?

Ok, in your mind Westbrook isn't good enough to beat teams that gameplan for him. Over the last 10 games last year, the Eagles offense averaged over 30 points a game. I'm sure you will say that was because of Duce Staley but I'll disagree with you as evidenced by the offensive showing in the NFCCG when Westbrook was out.

I can't wait until he rips a few defenses open in the playoffs and will await your opinion on his play.

Ok, in your mind Westbrook isn't good enough to beat teams that gameplan for him. Over the last 10 games last year, the Eagles offense averaged over 30 points a game. I'm sure you will say that was because of Duce Staley but I'll disagree with you as evidenced by the offensive showing in the NFCCG when Westbrook was out.

I can't wait until he rips a few defenses open in the playoffs and will await your opinion on his play.

I'm out on a limb with my opinion for sure, because I could very well be wrong. He just may prove to be more effective as the centerpiece to your offense than I wanna give him credit for. But why await my opinion on the matter when you so easily made me look stupid? :laugh:

I guess we'll see, but my bias won't allow me to give Westbrook any credit he hasn't earned. He was the benefactor of a commitee running game last year and TO this year. We'll see how it plays out when he's the focus of the defense. You pointed out how Duce was ineffective in the NFCCG, but Duce is no slouch. He was on pace for a pretty good season before he was hurt in Pittsburgh.

TDs was the basis of my argument, which he was clearly dominant, even without Owens in the lineup.

Running back by committee = there were two other guys that were also in the backfield as much if not more than Westbrook. Defenses therefor did not plan games around stopping Westbrook.

Having TO as a deep recieving threat also does not allow a defense to gameplan to stop Westbrook because you have to account for TO.

NOw there is no other back that gets near as much playing time as Westbrook, nor is as explosive as he is. There is also a huge dropoff between TO and the other two recievers as you are well aware of.

Now Westbrook becomes the focus of the opposing defense. Why is this so hard to understand? These factors are not arbitrary. They are fundamental differences that have a direct impact on the way a defense plays.

Why do I have to spell this out? It's common sense, man.

TDs was the basis of my argument, which he was clearly dominant, even without Owens in the lineup.

uh? you said he had even better totals last year.... not more total TD's

even at scoring he ranks 25th in the NFC hardly dominate

11th for non kickers in just the NFC

don't make me bring back out the shades:doh:

TO was dominant. Westbrook benefitted.

Last year there was Staley and Buckhalter who had 7 and 9 TD's respectively.

Westbrook was not dominant last year, and he's not dominant this year.

Now he's the only real threat to account for. Conventional wisdom says he will be accounted for and be a lot less effective if not completely shut down.

Archived