Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is It Wrong To Like Another Team?

TheEvilGeniuz

Nope there is nothing wrong with liking another team but they are not a favorite team. I use the term "having a rooting interest in".

Example I having a rooting interest in the Atlanta Falcons because of the 3 X- Va Tech Players but maily Michael Vick. He did a lot to take the Va Tech program from an up and coming program to a national power house. I wish him the best in the NFL, except when he plays the Redskins.

I also having a rooting interest in San Diego Chargers. There is always some X-Redskin that ends up in San Diego that I liked. In 1994 I pulled for them because of Stan Humphries and I pull for them now because of Marty (don't care what the majority of this board thinks I think he got screwed in DC)

But you can not like the Cowboys, Eagles, Giants and also the Ravens, that is forbidden.

I have buddy who is originally from Chicago and he likes the Bears and Vikings, I give him so much cr@p about that.

Ive "liked" the Steelers and Chargers since the late 70's early 80's when the Skins were never able to beat the Pokes, and these two teams were exciting to watch and/or always seemed able to beat the Pokes when the Skins couldnt.

But I wont have any meaningful satisfaction if the Chargers or Steelers win the SB, although I will root for them both in the playoffs.

And under NO CIRCUMSTANCE will I ever consider myself a fan of any team except the Redskins.

Morally speaking, is it wrong to love two women at the same time?

Answer that question and then tell me if it's wrong to have two favourite teams.

What I'm trying to get at is that I associate "favourite team" with the word "love". I guess it all comes down to what your definition of favourite is.

My love of the Skins is so strong that I personally believe it's wrong to like another team in a different sport. I don't have time for that.

I certainly enjoy watching other teams, I wouldn't say that I get excited if they win or anything but I do follow them. I've always followed the Packers, just something about the franchise and their history that makes me like them. Well, that and Favre.

The last few seasons, I've enjoyed watching the Jets and Bengals. I've liked Pennington since his Marshall days and once he became the Jets starter, I would watch them if there wasn't a Skins or Packers game on. The Bengals simply because of all the ex-Redskins that are on their team. I also like both of their coaches a lot.

This season, I've been watching a lot of Bills games. I started watching because I wanted to see how McGahee and Lee Evans were playing. Now, I really enjoy watching their games. There are a lot of good players on that team who aren't mentioned among the best in the league but that are really good players. Moulds, McGahee, Evans, Spikes, McGee (KR), Clements, just a lot of good hard working and what seem like respectful players.

I'm like Blade in a sense. I've "liked" teams.

I was real depressed after Gibbs left and we went downhill, I started taking notice in Favre. I would argue to death that Favre would become one of the best QB's ever and everyone told me I was crazy, he's just got Sharpe (who incidently I was a BIG fan of). Doubt anyone believes it, or cares but hey. THere you go. Kind of reminds me of another familiar situation.

At that time, I was living in Pittsburgh, had ESPN for the first time in my life, and got to go to several Steeler games. I grew to respect the Steeler fanbase tremendously as well as their history. It reminded me so much of the Skins'. I also found that it was ok to still love football while your team stunk it up and with ESPN and ESPN 2, it was like a being the fat kid at the chocolate factory.

Nevertheless, After we got Gus in at QB and the Pack released Sharpe (I was pissed and didn't fully understand the situation) I payed less attention to other teams and focused in on the Skins. When I eventually moved back to DC, I was locked in full force.

When I moved to Charleston, I resorted to the internet and sports bars for my Redskin fix.

I named my dog Gus.

So around 1997, I became a Redskin Psycho.

It's only gotten worse since then.

-------------------------------

So to answer the question, it's ok to look.......

But no, it's not ok to have two favs or be a fan of multiple teams.

My roommate is a Titans fan and a Redskin fan. Can't understand that duality there.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

I like San Diego and I even have a Tomlinson baby blue jersey. However, them winning brings no where NEAR the satisfaction of Philadelphia winning. They are just a team in the AFC I enjoy rooting for, whereas the Eagles are my life.

Exactly, I have pulled for Michael Vick since he has been a Falcon and enjoyed watching them when the Redskins are not on but I don't have near the passion rooting for the Falcons as I do the Redskins. If the Falcons go on and win the Super Bowl I will not go and buy Falcons Super Bowl Merchandise like I would for the Redskins.

For me, nothing touches my love for the skins. Couple teams I like, but you catch me dead in any other jersey other than that of the B&G. I like watching Vick play, I like the steelers style, but that's as far as I go. That's it. There's this kid I know that has a throwback Baugh Jersey, likes Dallas, and roots for the Patriots. That's hwo dangerous liking teams can get. :doh:

Well I love the skins and follow everything they do but I like the Panthers and Steelers and will root for them if they are on TV or something unless it is against the Skins....Those teams just remind me of the old Skins the way they play O....+plus Carolina has Big Stephen Davis my favorite ex Skin, and they run the Gibbs o w/a few wrinkles like the shotgun(Dan Henning is the O-coordinator as he was here in 91)....

Archived