Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If we can't move the ball against the Viking D, then....

skinsfan93

we have alot more issues than some of us think.

The Vikings, although playing for a playoff spot, rank 2nd to LAST in total defense in the NFC. Besides K. Williams (Winfield has been hurt a lot), they really have no superstars or playmakers on defense.

Take a look at what their defense has given up in their last 5 games:

Packers - 452 yards / 34 pts

Lions - 463 yards / 27 pts

Seahawks - 455 yards / 27 pts

Bears - 318 yards / 24 pts

Jags - 379 yards / 16 pts

*Not exactly all powerhouse teams*

Given all of this, I want to see us being able to put up at least 350 yards of total offense. This shouldn't be difficult given that their offense is high-powered and we may find ourselves having to come from behind.

Even though this is just one (somewhat meaningless for us) game, this will show me alot about each wideout, each offensive lineman and most importantly, our QB.

Let's finish off the season the right way!!! :cheers:

Maybe I'm just being cranky, but the phrase "this will show us a lot about our team" is wearing on me.

First it was the last 6 games of the season that would show us a lot (since Gibbs is a strong finisher). Next it was the Philly game (playing the top NFC team at home). Then it was Dallas (trying to beat our biggest rival on the road in 10 years).

I think we've seen just about everything this team can offer this season. Sure, a win would be nice, but unless it's a 55-10 blowout, there's not much we can take from this one game.

Originally posted by Lil Lane

Maybe I'm just being cranky, but the phrase "this will show us a lot about our team" is wearing on me.

First it was the last 6 games of the season that would show us a lot (since Gibbs is a strong finisher). Next it was the Philly game (playing the top NFC team at home). Then it was Dallas (trying to beat our biggest rival on the road in 10 years).

I think we've seen just about everything this team can offer this season. Sure, a win would be nice, but unless it's a 55-10 blowout, there's not much we can take from this one game.

I hear you. :cool:

But this game will go a long way to determine what guys stick around here next year. A good game by anyone makes it that much difficult to let them go.

I want to see Gardner and what he does. I want to see Dockery and Samuels blowing guys off the line. I want to see if Jacobs or McCants (if he's activated) can step up to be a possible #2 or #3. I want to see Ramsey find open receivers and give receivers an ability to run after the catch.

It's not so much optimism of the "team", but individuals.

Originally posted by Mittens

Betts will dominate their defense.

I expect a similiar offensive performance as we had against the Giants.

No way we run the ball over and over again. Our defense is banged up and Minnesota can score at will. We may try and establish a running game, but I think we will need to try and catch up.

Plus, this is one defense that we can throw on. Every other team has been able to do that too.

our secondary will be banged up, I dunno if we can hold Moss as well. Im not expecting an offensive blowout by them, but I can see like 200+ passing yards and 2 td's on us, I hope our defense can still hold though.

On offense, lets just hope we can take advantage of this defense, hopefully the team that showed against the New York Giants will show up sunday to play for pride.

Archived