Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Westbrook

Hog Lover

I thought in light of our recent season, the fans on the board could use a laugh.

I remember reading a Sports Illustrated article about Michael Westbrook when he was a rookie for the Skins. In that article, SI claimed that Westbrook was going to have such a great career that at Westbrook's Hall of Fame induction ceremony Jerry Rice would speak and say "Westbrook played the game how I wanted to play it."

Pretty funny, huh?

Biggest difference between Norvo the Clown and Gibbs:

Gibbs always values intelligence and heart above athletic ability.

Norvo falls in love with athletes while Gibbs searches for players.

Westbroke did have more athletic ability than Rice, but had a brain the size of a snowpea. Same with Shuler.

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

The whole shame with Westbrook was he was a freak of nature and had amazing physical ability.

He was dumb as rocks though. And had no passion for the game

This is so true...there's nothing worse in the world than wasted talent.

Originally posted by Riggotoni

Biggest difference between Norvo the Clown and Gibbs:

Gibbs always values intelligence and heart above athletic ability.

Norvo falls in love with athletes while Gibbs searches for players.

Westbroke did have more athletic ability than Rice, but had a brain the size of a snowpea. Same with Shuler.

Desmond Howard?

Originally posted by Hog Lover

I thought in light of our recent season, the fans on the board could use a laugh.

I remember reading a Sports Illustrated article about Michael Westbrook when he was a rookie for the Skins. In that article, SI claimed that Westbrook was going to have such a great career that at Westbrook's Hall of Fame induction ceremony Jerry Rice would speak and say "Westbrook played the game how I wanted to play it."

Pretty funny, huh?

Did that article say anything about he & Jerome Bettis being "lovers"?

A former friend of mine told me once that Micahel Westbrook & Jerome Bettis were lovers & that this info was well documented. I have yet to see any proof of this ridiculous statement, but it's funny.

:D

Westbrook was one of the great physical talents at wide receiver I have ever seen. I just kept waiting for him to dominate on a regular basis like Moss or TO do now. There was that game against SF- I think a Monday night game. He was insane that night, no one could stop him.

Turns out, only one who could stop him was himself and his injury prone body. What a waste.

Kind of makes you wonder what Timmy Smith is doing these days. He did not have Westbrook kind of talent, but, damn, if Timmy would have stuck to the program, how great he could have been.

haha, i remember seeing the thread of the article and thinking 'oh geez, someone wants to get Westbrook back for the usual vet minimum with incentives'

im glad it wasnt a topic bout that. Anyways, Westbrook only had one or two good seasons with us, but what a waste overall. I wouldnt necessarily call him a bust cause he was here a good while. Heath Shuler, now theres a guy who deserves to be made fun of more. Anyone remember someone posted a thread with the Heath Shuler coin on it?

Archived