Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rolovich undrafted...bring him in?

fansince62

I think that's about as reasonable as the Falcons signing Dusty Bonner, only to compete with Vick/D. Johnson/Kittner (Fifth round)

A waste of a roster spot. We've got two young ones with good arms and bright.... no need to add a third.

I think the Skins are done playing patty-cake at quarterback. Dan wanted a blue-chip prospect to go with Wuerffel and Rosenfels and now that has been accomplished I don't see any further activity unless someone gets hurt.

The pass the team took on the Matthews deal in rounds 6 and 7 indicates the team is done.

If the Skins were to make a move it would be for a veteran, not another player with zero NFL experience.

Ramsey and Rosenfels both grade out higher than Rolovich so acquiring him doesn't really improve the team at all.

He's the QB at Hawaii, right??? The one who threw all those passes to Ashley (Girl's name!!!!) Lelie (Sounds like Leslie-- another girl's name!!!) in the run & shoot??? Why NOT bring him in. If someone has the arm strength & brain power for the run & shoot, they should also be able to play well in the fun & gun. Am I right or am I right? Besides, the Hawaii head Coach is June (Girl's name!!!!) Jones. He runs a pro-ish system. Why not??? What do we have to lose??? A possible roster space for Sage (What kind of name is THAT??) or Danny Wonderful??

TACO!

Originally posted by AlohaGeorge

Hawaii newspaper reported yesterday that he was going to the Pokes as a FA

The Cowpokes just need some fodder arms to throw the ball high. Our new REALLY big 6'6" WR is tightening up his jump ball. He know's he's gonna have a hard time out jumping those 5'8" CB's. :laugh:

Eddie

Originally posted by CounterTre

Wow Champ Bailey and Smoot shrunk down to 9inarow's size?

Poor guys.

Nah, Bailey and Smoot will be doing wind sprints with Joey and Rocket.

I have a box of cereal because Bauman will need to get back in his Lucky Charms box.

:laugh:

Eddie

Sources: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2002/Apr/23/sp/sp13a.html

"Cowboys invite Rolovich to camp

By Stephen Tsai

Advertiser Staff Writer

Former University of Hawai'i quarterback Nick Rolovich is pursuing the American Dream with America's Team.

Yesterday, Rolovich accepted an invitation to compete in the Dallas Cowboy' rookie camp. He reports Thursday.

"It's a chance," Rolovich said. "That's all I wanted. I have three days to impress some people."

After producing an 8-1 record as a starter last season and passing for three touchdowns in the Hula Bowl, Rolovich expected to be drafted by the team he grew up idolizing — the San Francisco 49ers.

"They showed the most interest in me," Rolovich said.

But in Sunday's second day of the National Football League draft, the 49ers picked Brandon Doman, a former Brigham Young quarterback, in the fifth round.

"I was a little disappointed," Rolovich said. "I thought they would pick me."

Until yesterday, Rolovich said, the Cowboys had not been in contact since requesting a highlight video two months ago. Growing up in the Bay Area "as a Niner fan, I can't say I love Dallas," Rolovich said. "But I'm not too much of a Niner fan anymore."

Rolovich started his first game last season in Dallas, leading UH to a victory over Southern Methodist. "It will be great to go back there," he said. "I'm excited. I think it's a great situation for me."

The 6-foot-1, 200-pound Rolovich amassed 3,361 yards in total offense last year. He would have led the country in total offense per game except he was used for one play in a loss at Nevada. Rolovich finished fourth nationally in that category."

Originally posted by 9inarow

The Cowpokes just need some fodder arms to throw the ball high. Our new REALLY big 6'6" WR is tightening up his jump ball. He know's he's gonna have a hard time out jumping those 5'8" CB's. :laugh:

Eddie

Testa di Stronzo,

Here's a little math for you. Bauman has a 4 foot vertical leap. That's 48 inches, or about the height of those plastic pink flamingos in your 10 * 20 front yard. That means he can leap up to 9'8", or roughly the height of your trailor (say hi to Paula Jones for me...). So your receiver with a 3 feet vertical jump is gonna be two inches too short to get a decent shot at getting the ball.

I remember watching a 6'8" Harold Carmichael's streak of consecutive games w/ a catch being ended when he got his but kicked by a 5'7" Pat Fischer. And I remember the only CB to shut down 6'4" leaping Randy Moss his rookie year being a 5'8" Darrell Green.

Originally posted by riggo-toni

Testa di Stronzo,

Here's a little math for you. Bauman has a 4 foot vertical leap. That's 48 inches, or about the height of those plastic pink flamingos in your 10 * 20 front yard. That means he can leap up to 9'8", or roughly the height of your trailor (say hi to Paula Jones for me...). So your receiver with a 3 feet vertical jump is gonna be two inches too short to get a decent shot at getting the ball.

Err ... thanx for the complements. A 10' x 20' yard in NYC would cost about half a million dollars. I just have a hallway ...:hammer:

Who's Paula Jones?

Eddie

Archived