• Patrick Ramsey-QB
    • Ladell Betts-RB
    • Leddure Baumann-CB
    • Clifford Russell-WR
    • Andre Lott-CB/FS
    • Robert Royal-TE
    • Jeff Grau-LS
    • Wouldn't change any of them

Why didn't we draft anyone worth a dam at RB. I was hoping to land A. Peterson from Georgia Southern. He has the power to be a force in the NFL. But we got Betts..... What is going to happen when 48 salary goes to $12 million next year. Are we just going to dismantle like the ravens?

I also would have prefered if we had grabbed a RB in the latter rounds like a Peterson or Chester Taylor-Toledo or Luke Staley-BYU.

Betts was a 4 year starter who seems to be a good receiving back though. Hopefully Betts can justify management's decision to take him in the 2nd.

Peterson is a fine back, but the NFL is a long way from the

I-AA Southern Conference. I would have picked different in the 2nd myself but now that the deal is done I would feel more comfortable with Betts back there than Peterson.

Betts will be fine. But I think that the real bargain RB we drafted was fullback/running back, Rock Cartwright. This guy is 237 lbs., ran a 4.47 forty at the combine and did well in limited carries at Kansas State versus big time competition. He had a 6 yard rushing average against USC.

Besides the Skins are only going to carry a maximum of 4 or 5 running backs on the roster, what with all the receivers that SS requires. :D

I don't think you want to come here and talk about LBs do you, 9? Even if we DON'T land a good DT it will be harder to run on us than in past years. But, don't take my word for it. You'll see for yourself.

Originally posted by Brave

I don't think you want to come here and talk about LBs do you, 9? Even if we DON'T land a good DT it will be harder to run on us than in past years. But, don't take my word for it. You'll see for yourself.

Brave, you are correct. It's sure gonna be hard to run on that 3-3 Defense of yours...

:cheers:

Eddie

I wouldn't look to Cartwright for salvation. I think he may be more well-suited for the clean and jerk in the Olympics than being an NFL running back :laugh:

Betts I think will be a decent player. I don' t think he will be an outright bust.

BUT, if he turns into another backup rb like say Jason Brookins in Baltimore, then it is clear we picked him too high in the draft.

And that is my problem with his selection. As a late #3 or #4 it would have been fine.

To me there were starting caliber players out there between #35-55 that the Redskins could either have selected or moved up a few slots to get and the team decided to let others make the moves to do so.

It is no accident that Baltimore moved up with us to get Weaver.

They realized he was projected as a pick in the 20's in the first round and they were looking for value.

Meanwhile the Skins were targeting a player that really wasn't on anyone else's board in the 50's.

Prudence would have dictated waiting until at leat the Bauman pick.

Archived