Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would U Trade Portis For

Bozman777

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

Obviously, Ricky has so much baggage, that its questionble whether a team would want him for nothing. A better argument, is who is the better runningback at their peak.

problem with that is that portis still hasn't peaked. what is he like 23yrs old. ricky's best season he was 26 or 27. and is usually the age for most running backs

Simply amazing.People would pounder trading a young back who has 2 back to back 1500 yard seasons for Ricky "fricken"Williams?I don't get it.Portis has been the lone bright spot on offense.But people will pounder trading him.Some of the same people that will pounder trading Portis,who probably is an "all time back"will have no problem comming up with excuse after excuse to keep Patrick Ramsey.

Originally posted by Bozman777

Maybe so but can you give a reason why. Do you not think Ricky's bruising style would be better in Gibbs offense?

Sorry, I didn't think that a question that was this bad deserved an explanation beyond what should be blatantly obvious to you.

Would Williams have been a better fit at the beginning of the season? Sure, he probably would have. But now that we've employed some changes I'd argue that Portis has been as effective as anyone would have been without any hint of a proper passing game while adjusting to a totally different scheme. Further, would Williams hold up a bit better? How would you know, we've yet to see Portis show any ill-effects from running him as much as we have.

No Way

Portis is the real deal, Id take Portis over Tomilson too. Portis is just as good, and maybe even better. Tomilson has had time to get comfortable in the system that he is running. Clinton Portis is one of the only three backs to have two 1500 yard rushing season back to back coming out of college. I dont believe Tomilson or Williams did that, and Clinton only average about 17 carries per game doing it.

Originally posted by lookoutforlavar

problem with that is that portis still hasn't peaked. what is he like 23yrs old. ricky's best season he was 26 or 27. and is usually the age for most running backs

I beg to differ. Priest Holmes had his best year last year at the age of 30. Tiki barbers on pace for well over 2000 total yards at age 29.

Oh yea the portis 4 ricky deal. NO WAY.

Ricky Williams is a joke and has no passion for the game. No thanks, too much of a risk.

And Portis has a very bright future ahead of him, he'll have plenty of success here. Despite the rocky start, he only needs 75 yeards to reach 1000 with 6 games left... and is still on pace to set a Redskins single season rushing record.

There are alot of BS threads floating around on this board lately, this one ranks up at the top.

Archived