Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roy Williams and Bryant McKinnie state who they want to play for.

Tay

On NLF2Nite Roy Williams said that he wants to play for the Cowboys. I hope they don't get him. He should play in another division.

On The Best Sports Show Period McKinnie stated that he wanted to play for the Chargers or Buffalo, or at least not play for Detriot or Carolina.

I never heard college players say this before a draft. What do you think of these statements?

I dont think there is anything wrong with a player saying he would like to play for one team in particular. But i think its dangerous to say that you would want to play for one team over another.

Although I can understand why McKinnie would rather play for Buffalo or San Diego then the other two.

Roy was down here for a visit with the 'Boys and at his press conference mentioned how he has a "feeling" it wouldn't be his last stop at Valley Ranch and that he'd be a Cowboy when it's all said and done. He's definitely making some strong statements for who he wants to play for.

Dallas could really use a top-notch corner as, while Edwards/Westbrook could prove to be good, it's far from a dominant duo (especially with Westbrook far from a "given" recovering from a serious injury). But if Jammer's gone, I'd rather go with Williams than Buchanon. Williams is the better vaule and will no doubt be the better player in my mind. While Williams would be lining up at free safety for us, it's said our safety positions are interchangable and having Woody and Roy would allow us to hide some of our schemes we're using and what not. Roy's also a helluva playmaker and that's what Dallas really needs to continue adding to last year's unit.

Roy's definitely my personal favorite at the moment. He's certainly winning a lot of fans over in Dallas with his comments.

I'm surprised McKinnie's stock has fallen as it has. Doesn't seem like too long ago that the Texans were considering him at #1 -- now there's talk he could slide to #7 or lower.

If these players' agents are doing thier job well, they have thier players saying, "I want to play for_______"

Where "______" is the highest possible team who has shown any interest in them in the draft.

Lets get real... for these kids and thier agents, they have only one sign on thier door.

"ITS THE MONEY, STUPID!"

Guest Goatroper

On the other side of the ledger, remember John Elway said he would NOT play for the Baltimore Colts and threatened to play MLB (Yankees, I think) unless he could get on another NFL team.

No, Elway playing for the Colts would have been just the kind of intro to a new city that the franchise would have wanted to generate fan interest. I'm sure the move would have gone forward anyway.

I've always looked down on Elway for that stance he took, but it's hard to argue with the success he enjoyed in Denver, especially when you contrast it with the consistent disarray the Colts demonstrated over that same period of time.

Couple of observations:

1. If Roy Williams were to fall to #18 and be taken by the

Skins (and I'm not sure that's impossible), he's going to regret telling Dallas he wants to be there. Fans like me will take a long time for forgive and forget.

2. The Colts didn't do too badly in the Elway trade, did they? Didn't they end up with a couple of firsts and Chuck Hinton, an all-pro lineman?

Originally posted by Jimbo

I remember arguing over this years ago but do you think the Colts would have possibly stayed in Baltimore had Elway actually signed with them?

Yep.

Baltimore is a fair-weather town.

You either win or they stay away...in droves.

I'll say this very simply--- Roy Williams has Hall of Fame talent-- not just all pro. He was THE most dominant player I've ever seen in college on the defensive side of the ball--- including Lavar. Ask OU people and they will tell you that Williams was BY FAR the best player on the best defense in the nation two years running and was a main force during their national title. This year against Texas he virtually won the game all by himself.

He is an unreal, superb player. And I don't usually go off like that.

Drafting a safety high is a bit odd, but in this case, with his "game-changng" capabilities, I believe it is well worth it.

I hope the Cowboys pass on him.

Archived