Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Draft Day predictions

Jammer ends up in Carolina.-WRONG

The Bengals and Lions trade picks.-WRONG

The Bengals draft Harrington(another Oregon QB at the third pick)-

WRONG

The Redskins make some sort of "big time" move since Spurrier will be attending the Draft Day party at FedEx Field. Dan Snyder promises the new draft pick will be flown by helicopter from New York to Landover. Only the top 10-12 players attend the Draft in New York. We are landing one of those guys.-WRONG

The Cowboys trade up.WRONG

The Cowboys draft offense.WRONG

The Cowboys will have another horrible draft.WRONG

The Eagles make a move on a WR.WRONG

Our 2nd round pick will start.WRONG

We will draft a RB or WR in the fourth round.

We will draft a RB or WR in the fifth round.WRONG

The Colts will trade Edgerrin James to the Browns on draft day.WRONG

Thats all for now.

Smoot, I have come to learn not to question your conspiracy theories. Usually, they end up being somewhat truthful and I am in awe. I agree with you on the whole trading up thing to make a big deal...I have said before on chatboards that I believed that as well, because Snyder gets his man, and he likes to make a splash, especially since we haven't been making HUGE noise thusfar. However, what about this RB 4/5 rounds? Also, you left out our 2nd round pick.

How about......NO. I have never beaten you in a bet. I even lost to you in throwing a football against that yellow "danger wet" sign on top of the trash can, and, come on, we both know who can throw a football better. Its just that I can't beat you in bets. It can't be done. You have one of these magical airs about you that never loses. So you probably know something about pitt. or steve zucker is probably your uncle - in - law or something. I do not accept this bet. I'd have to be crazy. :D

Smoot, what kind of big time move can we make considering your belief remains that we'll keep our second round pick for Ramsey. I could see a big time move that includes our second, but I can't see one that doesn't, unless we trade NO. 18 for Bledsoe, and in that case, it would be unlikely we'd draft Ramsey in the second.

But, some of this is reasonable. Some of it is common sense. Some of it might need more explanation :).

Smoot21's Draft Scenarios

1. Trade our number one pick (18) and our first round pick next year for Cincy's number one (10) and their second rounder(?) this year. Thats right.

REASON- Cincy needs too much not to take this trade.

2. Trade our number one pick next year and our second round pick this year for Mark Brunell. Thats right.

REASON- Jax needs cap room, Redskins need a QB. Makes sense.

3. Trade our number one pick this year and our first round and second round next year to Detroit.

REASON- Detroit isnt going to take the league by storm. They are officialy rebuilding. They could use our 18th this year and have multiple picks next year when they have cap room.

Thats all fo now, maybe some more will come out tommorow.

Hahaha, I dont think so. Smoot, you know who the better all around athlete is. Come on now. I can throw a ball father, more accurate on ANY day. Before, you got lucky, i had a momentary lapse. There's one thing we can both agree on though, and that is that we can beat the crap out of giants fans the same way. . . . UNRELENTLESSLY. But really though, lets be honest about this QB thing. Anyways, I'm going to go watch the matsers. I'll holla at you later Quincy.

1. Trade our number one pick (18) and our first round pick next year for Cincy's number one (10) and their second rounder(?) this year. Thats right.

Not likely. Given that a second in the current draft is usually considered equal to a 1st in the next years draft, what's in it for cincy. Swapping a high (10) for our 18 and their high second for next year's first. That's a steal and even Cincy can see that.

Smoot21,

Whereas some of the stuff you predicted is possible -- anything is possible -- there is NO WAY some of your predictions will come true.

I just telephoned Miss Cleo :fortune: -- who I am on a first name basis with, after promising to paint her toenails for sexual favors :D -- and she read the tarot cards for me free and said NO WAY for your following predictions.

1 - NO WAY Edgarin James will be traded by the Colts to the

Browns!

2 - NO WAY the Bungles trade up from the #10 spot to Detroit. They aint got the guts and are to cheap to pay Harrington a $10-12 million bonus, while still making car payments on Akili Smith from 1999.

3 - NO WAY Snyder makes a big splash -- unless Harrington falls to us at the #18 pick. Snyder learned his leason two years ago, and it should have been noted that he did not make a big splash at last year's draft.

4 - NO WAY the Skins make those various draft pick trades involving multiple #1 and #2 picks.

Miss Cleo has spoken. :fortune: :laugh:

I am still very high on Larry Tripplett. He sounds like the type of player Marvin Lewis, in the mold of Tony Siragusa. He's not much of a pass rusher, but the big fatass that will keep blockers off of our most talented linebacking corps. I'd like to see a scenario in which we get him in the second round. Make it happen, Joey Mendes!

Not sure about that Edgerrin James thing about being traded.

I believe the hefty part of his contract is now and it was already reworked once, and I don't think he's in the mood to redo it with this head coach (Dungy). That would be a big cap hit for either team that takes him. I just read all this, so I would have to dig deeper to make sure that is "factual". If so, you may come up with a huge newsworthy item for the Colts fans here, which would royally p**s them off. Oh, well, it's a business, right?

OK, just checked in the Colt's site and they only have a guy named Shavone Stith, 5' 8" 208 lbs (Joe Morris sized dude), with 14 games in JAX in 2000, under his belt. He is also a KOR and don't forget Dominic Rhodes has been released by the Colts, I believe, so trading Edgerrin James would have to be a serious replica of what the Colts would be losing. No substitutes, or that offense will stink. If both Rhodes and James are gone, it's over.

The Joe Morris look alike will actually have a hard time fitting in the offense of Mora's because Manning's throws low to the ground are not good, but that's where this guy's height would put the ball. So unless the Browns has someone hiding in the closet, I don't see it happening.

Sure Dungy could go for more linemen, (he needs 9, for his setup of a good D-Line, according to him, since he uses speed, intensity and interchanges), but losing 1/3 of your offense will see the drop-off that occured in Dallas.

I see an outright FA signing and dependency on rookies, that like in Tampa Bay will be counted on to tote the load by next year.

***CORRECTION!!!! --Dominic Rhodes has not been released and his production was identical to James, carry for carry, reception for reception, considering the number of games he was in, but James does things that Rhodes doesn't and was beginning to become more of a vocal leader, besides leading by example.

Still, you might just be on to something with this, one more thing to check, the MONEY and James 4th and 5th year in his contract.

Archived