Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You want to know why Lovern was traded to the Skins? Here it is

It seems that the only reason G David Loverne was traded to the Skins, was because of a petty issue over his jersey number. After Dave Szott was signed by the Jets, he wanted Loverne's jersey number and Lovern refused to relinquish it. Szott then complained and the front office then traded Loverne! :doh:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.cfm

I think this is the more plausible reason....

From a Jets fan, Lordbacon7, on theganggreen.com:

"I personally am glad Loverne is gone, he lost the game against the Colts for us. Although I may hold a grudge, I don't think we need him with the bringing back of Jumbo "Jet" Elliot and at least one offensive linemen that will be selected in the draft. If we only moved up a few spots in the 5th round I'm happy with the trade, I would much rather it be a bigger move in a better round but I still like. Maybe the FO sees someone they don't think will fall to the but will fall to a team just beofre them."

Originally posted by VoR

I think this is the more plausible reason....

From a Jets fan, Lordbacon7, on theganggreen.com:

"I personally am glad Loverne is gone, he lost the game against the Colts for us. ."

Well, both could be true, to some degree. He may have played badly AND been stubborn about his jersy number. Still, it usually takes a cooperative effort to lose a game. Even Matt Turk needed some help to lose a game.

Talk about going from the frying pan to the fire. Loverne refused to give up #79 to Szott and ended up getting traded and now is preparing to wear #66 here in DC?

Does he have any idea the level of expectation that will come as a result of wearing the number of a potential Hall Of Famer for the Skins? :laugh:

DO NOT PRINT THIS ARTICLE - I just did and it printed 48 pages

What was the problem Smoot21? The Loverne story was the first story on page 1. Were you on the can when the other 47 pages were being printed off? :toilet: :laugh:

No wonder we are losing our forests. And you guys thought the gas shortage was a crises. Wait until we have a toilet paper shortage. Then the economy for the whole country will come to a screeching halt. :)

Archived