Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another Chief is on the market...

Fitz

...But this one didn't play for Marty. In what is described as a cap space move, KC cut guard Jeff Blackshear. He's 32 and as I remember, a damn good run blocker when he played in Baltimore. If he's affordable, I think he'd be a nice addition; he could be a pretty good starter if either Mookie or Campbell stumble.

Blackshear has had some severe injury problems in recent years and is more of a risk than you might think. I liken him to Andy Heck in 1999. You might squeeze a productive year out of him or he can basically be dead wood as Heck was in 2000 because of chronic back and knee problems.

I think the Skins are fairly set on the line. With Campbell able to play tackle behind Samuels and Jansen, I think the Skins could go with some of the youngsters as the #4 tackle and the #4 guard.

Would I like to see another veteran? Yeah, but not Blackshear.

I hadn't heard about his injuries, bulldog. I gave his stats a quick scan when I read that he had been cut, and out of a possible 128 games (eight seasons), he played in 127 and started 95. Statistics can lie, but that seems to show some durability.

Archived