Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Definition of a Arsehole...T.O.

Bozman777

Man I hate that guy... Hope S. Taylor Rattles his cage.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio -- Someday, Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens may connect again.

Someday, the former teammates may be able to talk, shake hands and repair their ruptured relationship. And maybe, just maybe, they can become friends again.

Someday. Not this week.

On Sunday, when the Cleveland Browns host the unbeaten Philadelphia Eagles, Garcia and Owens will be as close in proximity as they've been since playing together for five stormy seasons in San Francisco

Both players spent part of Wednesday addressing their ongoing, mostly one-sided feud, a clash of personalities fueled by Owens' repeated bashing of the Browns' new quarterback.

Garcia doesn't understand Owens' anger or the relentless criticism from one of the NFL's most opinionated players.

In his autobiography and during interviews, the brash, Sharpie-wielding wideout has ripped Garcia's playing ability and leadership skills. Owens has even questioned Garcia's sexuality.

"I don't know why he can't let it go," Garcia said. "I mean, it's unfortunate because I've never looked at T.O. as being an enemy of mine. I don't know where the anger or the negativity or the criticism comes from, and why certain comments have been made, because he's known my situation in the past.

"He's always known my girlfriends, things like that, and to have the things said that have been said, I just don't know where it comes from."

Garcia insists he has moved on, and he just wishes Owens would do the same.

Never one to dodge a question, Owens has dished out some damaging verbal shots at Garcia since the two parted following last season. Owens, though, maintains his comments directed at Garcia have been blown out of proportion.

"I haven't criticized him as of lately," Owens said. "I think everybody is just getting reports from the book. You're the ones that won't let it go. I've let it go since training camp."

Not quite.

In an interview last week, Owens went on the attack against Garcia again. He said the three-time Pro Bowler doesn't have a strong arm, is an inaccurate passer and if Owens had played with a better QB in San Francisco he would have better stats.

Owens defended his renewed assault on Garcia.

"I was answering a question," he said. "What do you want me to do, stare at the camera? This shouldn't be about me and Jeff. I'm not going to be on the field at the same time he's going to be on the field, so it shouldn't be about us."

Oh, but it is.

The Garcia vs. Owens matchup is the featured subplot as the Browns (3-3) try to legitimize another turnaround season against one of the NFC's powerhouses.

The history between the two stretches to 1999, when after starring in the Canadian Football League, Garcia replaced Steve Young as the 49ers' starter.

In his first season with Garcia as his quarterback, Owens caught 60 passes. He went on have 97, 93, 100 and 80 receptions the next four seasons, twice leading the league in TD catches.

Someone had to pass him the ball, yet Owens seems unwilling to admit Garcia was the one who threw it to him.

The pair went to three Pro Bowls and made two playoff appearances as one of the league's most lethal pass-and-catch combinations. But there were problems, too.

Garcia was constantly trying to keep Owens happy. If the talented wideout wasn't complaining about getting the ball, he was at odds with the coaches.

Garcia got pulled in both directions, which is why he took exception to Owens' assertion that all the 49ers' struggles could be traced to the quarterback.

"Have somebody step into my shoes and feel what I had to deal with throughout that whole time in San Francisco," Garcia said.

Garcia insists he went out of his way to fix things. At one point, he sought advice from the team chaplain. But when Garcia found peace, Owens would inflame things.

"The dust would start to settle, and all of a sudden, more fuel was thrown into the fire," Garcia said. "It was such a negative situation."

Garcia hasn't given up on a positive ending, and said he's willing to take another stab at patching up things with Owens.

"I want to go to bed at night knowing that things are all fine," he said.

The way Owens sees it, things already are.

Asked if he would talk to Garcia this weekend, Owens didn't sound as if he would be doing much socializing.

"No," he said. "For what?"

TO said he didn't want to talk about Garcia this week, that the game isn't him versus Garcia, and he chided the Philly media for repeatedly asking him about Jeff. Owens has criticized Garcia earlier this year, but he's taking the high road this week, even if the media is trying to prod answers from him and start a controversy when there isn't one.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

TO said he didn't want to talk about Garcia this week, that the game isn't him versus Garcia, and he chided the Philly media for repeatedly asking him about Jeff. Owens has criticized Garcia earlier this year, but he's taking the high road this week, even if the media is trying to prod answers from him and start a controversy when there isn't one.

:laugh:

"He's taking the high road this week."

:laugh:

"BEREA, Ohio -- Someday, Jeff Garcia and Terrell Owens may connect again. Someday, the former teammates may be able to talk, shake hands and repair their ruptured relationship. And maybe, just maybe, they can become friends again."

Sorry man, If I was Garcia the only thing I'd do is punch Owens right square in his big mouth. These guys weren't friends, they were associates. Owens publically disrespected Garcia in Playboy magazine, I know I read the article. (I don't believe that Garcia is gay, and even if he is, it doesn't really matter does it?) Friends don't publically disrespect each other like that. I give Garcia a lot of props for being the better man. He's acting like he doesn't give a crap what T.O. says, good for him.

Originally posted by The Consigliere

He's a complete scumbag, legendz, as a Redskin fan born and raised in Cali I saw his act from day one. He was like Elvis, got big too fast, and he was an odd one to begin with. T.O. is a scumbag, was a scumbag, and will likely always be a scumbag. It's been his M.O. for nearly a decade, now.

Why? What I'm wondering is why someone like Owens always gets blasted by other teams fans/the media, when people like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Leonard Little, Randy McMichael, Jeff Garcia, get DUIs, sell/take drugs, beat their wives, and people talk about Owens like he's a scumbag. Go find something that suggests he hasn't been a model citizen off the field and get back to me.

Strange? Yes. Loud? Definitely. Arrogant and Obnoxious? Most of the time. A scumbag? Hardly compared to many in the NFL.

Who the hell cares? So Owens doesn't like Garcia, what's the big deal?

Get back to me when he kills somebody (Little/Lewis #1), drives drunk (McNair/Garcia) or gets involved with drugs (Williams/Lewis #2). Until then I don't care if he talks trash about his old QB, he's not hurting anybody unlike any number of other NFL players I can name.

TE, I had a mind to agree with you before this season. Granted, i don't really know as much about TO's shenanigans, except for the national debacles. I, for one, thought the sharpie incident was genius. It was clever and witty.

But, I really did find it despicable of him to imply that Garcia was a homosexual. Whether Garcia is or not is immaterial. To me, it just showed a lack of class.

To your point. Can't really argue with you. TO is hardly that antichrist the media tries to portray him as. I just can't stay mad at a guy whose first crush was his own sister :laugh: Just end up feeling sorry for the guy.

Originally posted by TexasEagle

... he's not hurting anybody unlike any number of other NFL players I can name.

Sounds like he's hurting himself. His reputation 5ucks. I'm sure he doesn't care, but that also says alot about his character.

In an interview last week, Owens went on the attack against Garcia again. He said the three-time Pro Bowler doesn't have a strong arm, is an inaccurate passer and if Owens had played with a better QB in San Francisco he would have better stats.

Owens defended his renewed assault on Garcia.

"I was answering a question," he said. "What do you want me to do, stare at the camera? "

:rolleyes: That's right TO, it is not your fault.

It's not like you could have said "no comment" or anything:laugh:

The reason it's an issue, is because TO has made it an issue, he volunteered his "opinions" time & time again. It is things like this that will wear on a locker room, and eventually tear it apart. Right now everything is rosy for TO. The eagles are winning, he is getting his TD catches and yards... but if the eagles hit a skid, or McNabb doesn't throw him the ball in a game.. let's see if the "new" TO will not ***** and moan in the press.

Also just because there are other players that have done bad things, doesn't absolve him of being a jerk.

TO is an arrogant snot. Anydoubts were put to rest in the PK interview on inside the nfl this week. Classic Owens at the end of the interview.

King: "Do you take any responsibility for anything that happened in San Francisco

Owens: :As if in shock: "No"

Apparently it's everyone's fault but TO's. Oh and to the Eagles fans, he may not be a criminal but that doesn't make him any kind of decent person or excuse some of the stupid and obnoxious things that he does. TO lacks any semblance of class.

I think from Owens' perspective, he never understood why he was crucified for the incident where he blew up on the sidelines, but Garcia wasn't for his DUI, and he's taken it out on Garcia. I think he should move on, but the media keeps prodding him. I applaud him informing the media that he won't talk about Garcia this week. Hopefully he can get beyond it now.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

The good man, the HONORABLE man, would seek out Garcia and apologize with sincerity and admit his wrongdoing, embrace the man he has wronged and move on.

TO won't do that.

TO doesn't like Garcia. He doesn't need to for all I care, as long as he keeps producing.

Plus, I don't think anyone is arguing that Owens is "honorable", just that this gets blown out of proportion. I guarantee you guys wouldn't have a problem with him if he was on the Redskins.

Don't know if it has been posted, but Owens said on the radio the other day what started his ripping of Garcia. He said he was watching the news one night with his mom, while she was visiting. He said that Garcia was on there and called him a cancer, and pretty much blamed him for the Niners losing at the time. Now if that was me, I'd probably be just as mad at the guy... I'd definatly be embarrased to have my mom visiting and this guy coming on the TV calling me a cancer. I honestly think TO has held on to that for a while, and he seems like a person that once you cross his path... he's not going to forget it. Weather TO is right or wrong, just remember there is always 2-sides to every story.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

. I applaud him informing the media that he won't talk about Garcia this week. Hopefully he can get beyond it now.

but he all ready has... :doh:

Kind of like locking the barn door after the horse got out. :laugh:

TO can't understand why anyone holds him accountantable for anything. He is blameless in his mind. He always passes the buck, and make excuses.. always blaming others.

He says he can't understand why the media makes a big deal out of things, and that they twist what he says or meant... yet he is always in front of a camera, mike or reporter talking.... many times sticking his foot in his mouth. In his mind the World revolves around TO, and he has no respect for anybodies feelings but his own.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

EL

Not true. Of course, I'd want him to perform, but I wouldn't be "proud" he was here.

Or have you heard any Skins fan talk about the Deion signing?

add Jeff George and Bruce Smith :doh:

plus go back to the TO - Rod Gardener trade rumors time period. Many people where screaming NO! :stop:

Archived