Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stephen Alexander, as told by Jimmy Raye

Thug,

The Gibbs thing was a glib remark to illustrate a point. I don't begrudge Skins fans reveling in the glory years, I envy them! But you gotta admit, sometimes it gets laid on a little thick in here. Remember the Larry Centers posts after he was released? You'd have thought the entire offense would collapse without a FULLBACK....hello?

------------------

Hey, didn't you used to be the Boston Redskins (shaddup!)

Well, I know that I for one will not apologize to a Bucs fan for the manner in which I root for the Redskins. B92, just because you didn't get completely soaked in your little p!ssing contest with Art does not mean you have the right to dictate what subjects we can and cannot discuss on this board.

I was sad to see Centers go, and frankly, I still am. He was our leading receiver last year. Considering how utterly horrible you think Davis is at catching passes out of the backfield rolleyes.gif I figure you'd understand why we think he'll be missed.

------------------

Hail to the Redskins!

Chosen - I'm glad to hear you feel the same way.

I enjoyed this site for its non-flame, non-childish rehtoric. That was until recently. Funny how one or two dolts can ruin the entire atmosphere.

Last time I checked, this was a Redskins forum. It's too bad some fans of other teams get more enjoyment from causing trouble on rival team boards than conversing on their own sites with fellow fans of the same ilk. It's pretty childish. But then these kids are the ones that have made Jim Rome and his so-called "smack" so much in fashion.

To me, good manners will never go out of style.

The world is full of trouble-makers. . .looks like we must endure our fair share here too.

P.S. Fans of other teams need not reply. I won't glorify your need to sling mud with a response.

Henry, take a pill and come down off your cross. Why the need to be SO SERIOUS? Football is a GAME not LIFE. Have fun with it because it's unlikely you'll be getting Marty's job in the near future...rolleyes.gif

BTW, your boy Centers caught so many passes because NO ONE ELSE WAS OPEN! 5 yds and a cloud of dust. Henry my friend, when your fullback leads your team in catches, 8-8 isn't unfortunate, it's destiny.

------------------

Who cares why I need to be serious? That's my perogative as a fan. Why do you need to waste 66 posts on a thread about a backup QB who plays for a team of which you are not even a fan?

So far you have criticized Redskin fans on a Redskin board for:

Saying nice things about backup players

Being critical of personnel moves

Posting any article that puts a positive spin on the Redskins

Talking about Joe Gibbs (my personal favorite)

... and now apparently we are to be criticised for not accepting your criticism as mere humourous jabs sprinkled with dazzling wit.

Sorry, even you aren't that cool. If we are SO annoying to you there are 29 other non-Buc football teams chock full of fan messageboards to visit. I'm sure you'll find MUCH more grounded fans in Philly, Minnesota or whereever else you choose to go. If you do decide to stay and throw little insults at the Redskins and the message board regulars in every other post, don't expect all smiles and giggles. Not everyone here is going to think you are as objective about the Redskins as you seem to think you are, so don't whine about it. That just makes for long threads that aren't worth reading.

... but that's just my opinion.

------------------

Hail to the Redskins!

BTW, your boy Centers caught so many passes because NO ONE ELSE WAS OPEN! 5 yds and a cloud of dust. Henry my friend, when your fullback leads your team in catches, 8-8 isn't unfortunate, it's destiny.

Here's a perfect example. I completely agree with you. I think our WRs this year will struggle as well, which is why I wanted Centers to stay a Redskin. Heck, you yourself say as much at the beginning of this thread. You make my arguement for me, so why are you coming after me now? I suspect you just wanted the opportunity to take another unsolicited shot at the Redskins, which, and I'm sorry for being so serious, I don't find funny at all.

------------------

Hail to the Redskins!

Centers led the team in receptions two years in a row. So, in fact, 8-8 is not destiny when a your fullback leads the teams in receptions. Neither is 10-6. Destiny tends to be witnessed when a team loses the entire interior offensive line and best receiver.

It is absolutely accurate to state the receivers we had left last year were not getting open by wide margins. Centers was and is a class player and athlete. The year before, our receivers were getting wide open with Westbrook healthy, and in fact, both receivers tied for the league league for highest average yards per catch. Yet, Centers was still a class athlete and player and led the team in receptions.

He was part of the offense. Reliable whether we had players around to take pressure off, or not. I'm hate his release because he should be a key part of THIS offense. His is the one loss you can't reconcile with a replacement and hope he can perform.

As for the Gibbs threads, I believe anything one writes about Saint Joe is fair game and well placed. Dated or not, matters little, the fact that we can have memories of success and excellence is what seperates a Redskin fan from a fan of, oh, say, the Bucs smile.gif.

------------------

Doom is in the box.

Henry please,

Get back on the Prozac and return to therapy! If you don't like my first 66 posts, I'm sure you'll like the next couple hundred better...tongue.gif

Hi Artie.....Henry doesn't fight back as well as you do....perhaps you could give him some lessons, eh sport?

------------------

Fight back? What the heck are you talking about?

Bucs92, are you under the impression that I'm trying to engage in some form of childish smack exchange? Dont flatter yourself. You seem like a pretty smart guy, and while admittedly your initial few posts here were pretty good stuff, now you're just being a jerk. There are plenty of fans from other teams with dissenting views that show up here and make this board interesting. You aren't one of them.

Sorry I wasn't clear before but that's as plain as I can say it. Write it off as a character flaw on my part if you wish, but I'm not the only one who has pointed this out. If you can't see that and wish to dance merrily away with delusions of message-board granduer, I'll happily concede you the title of King of All Trash. Congrats.

So post away champ. Unlike you, I'm pretty good at skipping over the stuff that doesn't interest me. I'm sorry to see your posts have fallen into that category.

------------------

Hail to the Redskins!

Archived