Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

More craziness from the Giants board....

DieselPwr44

"Did you guys hear what that idiot John Riggins, Said about Ray Lewis"

He said that he is over rated and that he is a second too early on plays and a second too late on plays all the time. he says that he is not even a pro bowl linebacker in his eyes.

And also said this about Riggo:

he has done more then riggins ever had and still has more time left. so i guess you must be a bigger idiot then him

I read those comments and could only think...WOW.......

Do these fans not realize that sometimes Riggins is really out there on some of his opinions? Guess not.

http://boards.giants.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1592&st=0

I love Riggins and think he was a great RB but that doesn't change the fact that he's a fool to say such a thing. Lewis is one of the greatest LB's ever and to say anything different is a joke. Just because he's a bit crazy doesn't mean you still can't flame him when he does make an over-the-top statement.

I am hesitant to make a comment on "he said that he said" statements. There was no link to the source of Riggo's comments.

However - Riggo was a great back, Lewis is a great LB. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There have been many players that other people thought were great and I thought they were :pooh:

Case in point - Michael Irvin :puke:

;):cheers:;)

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Wait, you agree with what the Giant fans are saying yet it is craziness? If they are correct, how is it craziness? I'm sure not everyone knows Riggins.

Allow me to explain how things work on this board, Tom. Giants fans are always crazy even when they are quite sane. They are always wrong even when they are right. Also, the Giants always suck even when they win the Super Bowl. Let's review. You're crazy, you're wrong and your team sucks! Haven't you been here long enough to understand the basics?

:laugh: :gaintsuck

Originally posted by Aluadan

I love Riggins and think he was a great RB but that doesn't change the fact that he's a fool to say such a thing. Lewis is one of the greatest LB's ever and to say anything different is a joke. Just because he's a bit crazy doesn't mean you still can't flame him when he does make an over-the-top statement.

Though I agree that Ray Lewis is the best LB in the NFL today, he hasn't done enough to be called one of the greatest of all times yet. There are just too many great LB's in the history of the NFL to call him one of the greatest of all times.

First of all, did the Giant fan give a source for Riggins' aledged comments on Ray Lewis? I find it hard to believe that Riggins would not be able to recognize how good a player Lewis is. If Riggo said these things, I guess it wouldn't shock me but I'd like a source on the quote before I buy completely into it.

Originally posted by The Rook

I am hesitant to make a comment on "he said that he said" statements. There was no link to the source of Riggo's comments.

However - Riggo was a great back, Lewis is a great LB. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

There have been many players that other people thought were great and I thought they were :pooh:

Case in point - Michael Irvin :puke:

;):cheers:;)

i have to agree on that,where is the link,because it's hard to beleive anyone could say that even my favorite redskin of all time

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Wait, you agree with what the Giant fans are saying yet it is craziness? If they are correct, how is it craziness? I'm sure not everyone knows Riggins.

It was my mistake to think that everyone knows Riggins. I thought everyone knew he was a free spirit and spoke his mind. For those on the Giants board that implied that Riggins hadn't done enough in the league to comment on Lewis is what I thought was crazy.

To me, Ray Lewis is a great player in today's league but.. is he on LT's level like some make him out to be Tom? Or does he intimidate on the level of a Butkus? IMO...No.

Now Riggins never played against Butkus but if I was guessing, he's probably holding Lewis up to LT, someone he played against.

Sorry for the confusion on this thread.

Archived