Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Big choice...Redskins or Work Outing

Rypien 91

I have a huge choice upon me. There is a company outing Sunday...you know...cooking out, playing softball , stuff like that. It would look good on me if I went, but the darn thing starts at 1 and ends at 4 :doh: ! I need your help extremers, do I go and DVR the game or do I say screw the outing, and say "Joe is Back!!!" Please help. :logo:

priority rules

1) family

2) redskins

3) yourself

4) work

friday when you go into work , you should be feeling a little under the weather , coming down with something , when you leave work tell people you'll be there sunday at the picnic if you are feeling better . come monday morning your cured feeling great after that redskin win, that is of course you don't drink to much

:cheers:

:ravensuck :dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Originally posted by Rypien 91

I have a huge choice upon me. There is a company outing Sunday...you know...cooking out, playing softball , stuff like that. It would look good on me if I went, but the darn thing starts at 1 and ends at 4 :doh: ! I need your help extremers, do I go and DVR the game or do I say screw the outing, and say "Joe is Back!!!" Please help. :logo:

Dude, this is the most simple answer I've ever had to provide.

You WATCH the Skins. MORE. You send a company blast out on Monday suggesting that the person who arranged the corporate outing on the first Sunday of football season is either from another country and didn't know any better, or a jilted wife who wanted to punish her husband, and that they must never allow such an obvious problem to happen again in your lifetime.

Now, you'll be fired, but, you need to do something to straighten that company out.

Originally posted by Art

Dude, this is the most simple answer I've ever had to provide.

You WATCH the Skins. MORE. You send a company blast out on Monday suggesting that the person who arranged the corporate outing on the first Sunday of football season is either from another country and didn't know any better, or a jilted wife who wanted to punish her husband, and that they must never allow such an obvious problem to happen again in your lifetime.

Now, you'll be fired, but, you need to do something to straighten that company out.

Someone has to make a stand :2cents:

1. Redskins

2. Redskins

3. Redskins

4. Redskins

5. Redskins

I was almost in your position due to a work function that is going on Sat. night. Which means I will miss the Sat. night slate of college football games.

But if it was on Sunday then there would be no way in hell i would go. Ive already started tailgating for Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by bubba9497

Someone has to make a stand :2cents:

Absolutely.

Our CIO has taken to some heart walk thing that is scheduled for Sunday and he's all over all of us to participate and help the cause. I actually had to inform him that it was football season and to never again bother me with such nonsense as curing heart disease :).

I wouldn't screw with a work outing reguardless. I spend 40 hours a week with those retards. Last thing I'd want to do is spend 5-6 more with them on Sunday. If I had to do that they'd better pay me OT. I've been doing my job for 13 yaers and have yet to attend a Christmas party, retirement, party etc... Do what makes you happy. Not what may benefit you because it may not benefit you at all.

Not only would I not go, but I would let it be known that the scheduling is unnaceptable to those people that follow football closely. I skipped the Fantasy Football Draft for my office b/c it was on the same night as the Redskins falcons preseason game. They said it was only preseason. I told them that it is my passion, and I dont pay for season tickets for ****s and giggles.

I'm with Art.... I'd find out who scheduled a company picnic on NFL opening weekend, complete with the return of Joe Gibbs to the Redskins, and give them a good verbal lashing. I might even add one of those "feign" punches... you know... where you raise your fist back like your about to level the person but at the last second you think better of it. Be sure to include a gritting of the teeth and a pursed mouth for emphasis... as if you're right at that breaking point.

That should provide this individual with a strong impression as to it's importance and they may decide in the future to surf up the NFL calendar on the internet before choosing a weekend in early Sept. to hold a company picnic.

I'd have to say got to the game. The only thing that is important enough for me to possably miss a Redskin game would be the birth of my child, but even still I would probably demand that the game be on what ever TV is in the room, even if I had to bring the TV myself.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

I'd have to say got to the game. The only thing that is important enough for me to possably miss a Redskin game would be the birth of my child, but even still I would probably demand that the game be on what ever TV is in the room, even if I had to bring the TV myself.

Funny you mention that. My daughter (born Sept 12th last year) was a breach baby, so we had to go with a C-section. We were able to pick when we wanted to do it. I made sure that we did it around the Skins schedule. Worked out that I was able to watch the Atlanta game in the hospital with my new daughter. And now I get the added joy of celebrating her first birthday and the return of the "King" on the same day. (Actually we did the birthday/family thing last Sunday. Didn't want a housefull of people obstructing my view of the TV this Sunday)

Originally posted by Morning Wood

Funny you mention that. My daughter (born Sept 12th last year) was a breach baby, so we had to go with a C-section. We were able to pick when we wanted to do it. I made sure that we did it around the Skins schedule. Worked out that I was able to watch the Atlanta game in the hospital with my new daughter. And now I get the added joy of celebrating her first birthday and the return of the "King" on the same day. (Actually we did the birthday/family thing last Sunday. Didn't want a housefull of people obstructing my view of the TV this Sunday)

You forgot to mention that you also had the X-Box & Madden in the hospital room.

:cool:

Archived