Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This hit a lot closer to home than I realized....

Tom [Giants fan]

This is an email I had sent out to my friends and family. Just thought I'd share it with you all here.

----------------------

Let me be serious for a moment,

I just got in to work, at the Pentagon. We had a bomb threat scare today. Nothing happened. We came to work yesterday also, and there was an unidentified aircraft in the air, they evacuated the building. It ended up being a FEMA aircraft. If there was a bomb in the metro we wouldn't of been as fortunate, or if the plane hit Corridor Two who knows what would of happend. Unfortunately these are the work conditions we have at the Pentagon.

This was a tragedy felt across the nation. It was all seen on TV and is still being covered by all media outlets. Luckily my friends and coworkers are okay, we were not in the wedge that was hit but very well could of been. We are obviously shaken and still in disbelief looking at the destruction from outside. Everyone has there own story of what they were doing and how fortunate they were. We are all praying for the families who are suffering.

Security is extremely tight now as it should be. It's an experience I can't explain, we were all wondering what was going to happen next and watching the skies. We are moving on and trying to get back to work. Maybe as Americans we had a false sense of security that we were untouchable, and so far away from the fighting in other countries that we never thought it could happen here at home. That is no longer the feeling around here. We are glued to the TV here at work whenever a press conference or update is announced. A war is emminent and we need Middle Eastern Allies, Secretary of State Colin Powell is taking care of business. Fingers are being pointed at Osama Bin Laden, Afghanistan, and Iraq. Our leaders are building a case and making moves. Egypt, Pakistan, and Isreal seem to be on our side. Let's hope for the best. Have faith in the heads of state that these acts of terroism will not go unpunished.

I'll get off the soapbox now. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. Just thought I'd let you know how I felt. Once again thank you all for your phone calls and concern. I'm doing fine, physically and mentally. We are moving on as I hope everyone does. September 11th 2001 will be a day I will always remember.

Thank You,

Luis

Archived